BABY PICS: Hatched from Sonew's eggs

gaeamama

Songster
12 Years
Jun 17, 2007
WMass.
So I'm mainly posting here to keep a record for myself, to ask questions, and so that sonew will be able to see the results of the eggs she shipped to me.

I received 13 very well packed eggs, and set them in the 'bator on the afternoon of Feb. 18th, making the expected hatch date on March 11th.

All eggs were packed well and arrived intact, despite a ding on the outside of the box. 12 eggs were in an egg carton, the 13th was wrapped and outside the carton in a cushion of wrapping material in the main box. That egg did have a detached air sac, but I left it until today for "just in case".

I just did a candling tonight on night 11, and took out three. 1 was clear, the other two looked like early quitters.
Here's where it stands now.

5/6 split-lav Silkie eggs
2/4 Ameracauna eggs
1/2 S cochin
1/1 B cochin

(I think the S is standard cochin, B is for Black)

eta: oops! just realized those are EE eggs, not Ameracauna

Last edited:
They're hatching now!!!
wee.gif
wee.gif

Here's a peek at what's going on over here:

first hatchling: Split Lav Silkie
100_4520-1.jpg

2nd one out: EE
100_4525-1.jpg

and the two together, that EE is so much bigger than the silkie!
100_4529-1.jpg

Now I have three more pips that I can see. (9 eggs in total)

The EE has 5 toes, Sonew do you know what it's mixed with?

My back hurts from leaning over the 'bator all morning, but I can't stop! I haven't even taken a shower yet cuz I don't want to miss anything, but I'll pull myself away soon enough.

Last edited:
Quote:
Babies babies babies!!!!! yah!!!! look at that silkie so sweet!!! Ok the ones with 5 toes are fathered by my 1/2 amaracauna 1/2 favorelle roo. :)

S stands for Standard cochin eggs
the B? ummm dont know what that is? Birchen cochin pen I assume:) That could be a possible frizzled birchen:) Cant wait to see more
wee.gif
congrats!!!

Yes, Yes!
I have six hatched now. 4 Silkies, 1 EE, and 1 S. Cochin
3 have not pipped: 1 silkie, 1 EE, and 1 BC (not sure what that means, birchen cochin?)

I just moved them into the brooder and snapped a few pics, but won't be able to post those for a while.... gotta put the kids to bed.

I'm soooo thrilled to have babies! This never gets dull!
jumpy.gif

thanks for the great, healthy eggs and great packing, Sonew!

Here are the six new babies settling into the brooder:
100_4562-1.jpg

that cochin is soooo adorable, i love it! I hope it's a girl, I hope it's a girl, I hope it's a girl!!
well, they're all adorable and I hope they're all girls
tongue.png

there are three other eggs in there that haven't pipped. I haven't heard anything or seen movement, but I'll give 'em at least another day.

Quote:
awwwww so cute!!! I just love the EE's the most-those fat puffy cheekies are so lovable-the silkies are too:-0 Congrats again I hope that last 3 made an entrance for you
wee.gif

Updated pics from the beginning of day two:
I don't know how to get by that washed out look with the flash on.. if I turn it off it's too dark
hu.gif
Any photography tips anyone?

My daughter put them all in a doll cradle.. too cute!
100_4600-1.jpg

Freaking adorable Cochin. This is my first cochin, and I'm just smitten with this one
100_4607-1.jpg

EE mixed with Ameracauna/Faverolles. Nice legs!
100_4621-1.jpg

One of the four Split-Lav Silkies:
100_4615-1.jpg

all four Silkies:
100_4626-1.jpg

and one more for fun:
100_4628-1.jpg

OMG look at that cochin! Im in love! the eyes speak love love love hug me kiss me squish me!!! I think that one "might" be a blue one? I hope the coloring on that one is much lighter than my black chicks! COngrats bigtime--you had a great little hatch-of course those split lav silkies are just so cute!!!!! ahhhh I cant wait for my 4 cochin eggs to hatch--I want one with eyes like that!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom