Baby pics!!

shelleyd2008

the bird is the word
11 Years
Sep 14, 2008
Adair Co., KY
Tell me what color these are please, I'm pretty sure, but not 100% certain. Sorry that the pics are a bit light
roll.png

PICT0463.jpg

PICT0464.jpg

PICT0465.jpg

PICT0466.jpg

Quote:
Where did you get this flock from? I ask because it looks like you snuck here and stole from my newest-from-another-breeder flock
lau.gif

Those are what I've been calling "red tibetans" and I see you also have what i've been callling "orange tibetans"

heres the red tibetans here (the one in the front, the one in the back is an orange):
redorange.jpg

and hres a orange tibetan:
orange.jpg

and heres another red and orange tibetan example:
redorange-1.jpg

and heres a true red (just called red):
red-1.jpg

and heres a red golden:
redgolden.jpg

and a red tuxedo (not nicely marked):
redtux.jpg

Last edited:
These are the ones that I hatched from Teach97's eggs. Most of the chicks were jumbo browns (at least 40), with these guys and a few A&M. My friend kept the A&M and browns, and I took all the others. I really like those reds, they are very pretty!

Most of the 'red tibetan' ones seem to have white (yellow) on their faces, some on their breasts. So does that mean they are tuxedoed? Or is it just their baby feathers?

And what kind of wrench does this throw into the works on my new pens?
big_smile.png

And the goldens are goldens, right?
roll.png

Last edited:
Quote:
that's pretty cool! I wonder if teach97 got his from my friend or if my friend got her birds from teach.
big_smile.png
The reds (redtibetans not the true reds) can carry a blue down gene so watch out for it ive been told!
wink.png

They are really pretty really milk chocolaty if i would have produced this color I wouldnt have called it red I would have called it milk chocolate or just chocolate lol!

Quote:
yeppers your goldens are normal goldens
big_smile.png

Im uploading pictures to show you the reds now compaired to their counter parts
big_smile.png

Have you worked with these two colors before (red and orange)? The reason I ask is that I am thinking that breeding these to darker birds would result in darker birds? So I would need to keep the different variants of the colors seperated to keep the color right? Or do coturnix not work that way?
he.gif
I hate genetics!!
th.gif

Back
Top Bottom