Baby Pictures (Coturnix Quail)

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Valeriemichelle, May 17, 2010.

1. Valeriemichelle

Valeriemichelle Out Of The Brooder

Apr 23, 2010
    So, I built my own incubator and bought 9 eggs quail eggs. Heres what I got out of it! [​IMG]

9 BABYS!!!
    They LOVE their little bed I put in their box. [​IMG] I made it out of a old pajama pant leg.
    [​IMG]

Their the cutest little things.
    [​IMG]

Heres the incubator I made. Its just a little cheap one. [​IMG] But it works!

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 17, 2010
  2. kelseygirl707

kelseygirl707 Dances with Chickens

Mar 3, 2009
    Lakeport, Ca.
    [​IMG] I love that second picture!

3. stumble_n_mumble

stumble_n_mumble Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 23, 2008
    Long Island, NY
    what are the specs of your incubator? id love to build one just like that [​IMG]

4. Shellepup

Shellepup Out Of The Brooder

May 14, 2010
    Oh, they're so cute! Congrats, and good job! (I've got my first batch of eggs in my own homemade incubator right now, and I'm a nervous wreck!)

5. Valeriemichelle

Apr 23, 2010
    All I used to made that was a cooler that I cut 2 holes in the top and put plexiglass over so I could see in the incubator, a light hooked up to a hot water heater thermostat, and a PC fan. I just put a small towel in the bottom instead of using hardware cloth, which saved me a bunch of money. I cut 4 holes in the cooler for fresh air. (2 in the front, 2 in the back) about the size of a quarter. I filled the two jars with warm water to hold the heat. and i just put a few wet rags/sponges for humidity. It was REALLY simple. I had most of the stuff so it only costed me about $10 for the thermostat. [​IMG]

The light that was hung from the top has a little cage around it with a jar lid under the light bulb so the light wouldn't be directly on the eggs.

Any more questions about it I would be happy to answer. [​IMG]

6. Valeriemichelle

Apr 23, 2010
    Quote:I was a nervous wreck too. I got my eggs in the mail so I was kinda thinking they weren't going to hatch.
    I was REALLY surprised when they all did. [​IMG]

& good luck with your eggs! [​IMG]

7. Dingo

Dingo Chillin' With My Peeps

that design seems to be a popular one, glad to hear that it works too cause I made one similar for the emu eggs. Congrats on your hatch they sure are cute.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by