Baby Quail had a close call

Discussion in 'Quail' started by TaliDarky, Oct 12, 2014.

1. TaliDarky

TaliDarky Out Of The Brooder

Oct 7, 2014
    I came home after being at my friends house for the weekend. I went to check on my Quails, and to show my friends the new babies. Saw the two dark chicks, but not the little blonde one.
    We were looking around for him, and I saw him behind the aviary. I have no idea how he got out, but he wasn't moving. I picked him up, he was still alive, and put him under a lamp to get warm again, with food and water. Turns out he was just cold, and he picked up very quickly. Within 20 minutes he was back on his feet, running around. I left the room to say goodbye to my friends, and when I came back, he was gone!
    He jumped out of the box, and ran across my bed, onto the table, and was calling for mum. So I got him, and took him to my work desk, to see if he had any injuries. He jumped on me, climbed up onto my shoulder, and poked his head out from under my hair, and was calling for mum again. Got a quick video, and put him back with his mum. He is doing well now, and running around :D

They are about a week old, so I was pretty lucky to find him when I did, otherwise he could have died, I would say

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Rashid100

Rashid100 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 13, 2014
    Adorable lil guy!

3. TaliDarky

TaliDarky Out Of The Brooder

Oct 7, 2014
    Hehe yeah :) he is super adorable ^-^ and he is still doing well :D he survived the cold

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by