Baby Quail hatched today when to put them in brooder

It really depends on the species, but for coturnix quail, I remove them from the bator when they are dry. I put them in a brooder with the temp set at 100 deg F. at the (Hot Spot) then adjust up or down from there.

It really helps to know what species quail we are talking about.

Actually it does matter.
Given times and settings, most "QUAIL" incubate with the same settings and depend on time per species.

Brooder set ups are unique and based on species. I can brood 20 coturnix quail in my given space, but I need more if I'm going to brood bobs.
That's why I raise coturnix.

Brooder to grow out pen ratio is much higher for coturnix for me.

Everyone's results may vary.
Still not sure what species the OP is asking about. If coturnix, I will do my best to advise, if something else, I will differ to others that raise that species.

Also In My Experience If You Start At 95 Day 1--- They Will Huddle Badly. Quail Are Quite Cold Sensitive At Early Ages--- I Start Mine At 100 Like Canter, And Slowly Drop It 5 Degrees Each Week. Now If Its Bobs And There's Alot Of Pecking Goin On (usually Starts About 2-3 Wks Of Age With These Guys...) Then I'll Bump The Temp Down A Lil More (seams Its More Difficult To Beat Your Brooder Buddies Up If You're Cold And Shivering...)

Back
Top Bottom