Baby Quilt for Neighbor.......

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by Acre of Blessings, Jan 13, 2010.

1. Acre of Blessings

Acre of Blessings Canning/Sewing Addict

Apr 3, 2008
    Axton, VA
    What cha think? Do you think she will like it? it is just the top because I will have a long wait to find out when the baby will be born (Aug.) and I want to embroider the baby's name and DOB on there.

[​IMG]

2. 1mommahen

1mommahen Love My Cluckin' Coop

Mar 20, 2008
    NJ
    Angela, that is gorgeous![​IMG]

3. #1California Chick

#1California Chick Songster

Dec 5, 2008
    SF Bay Area
    That is going to be one LUCKY baby!! Beautiful job!

Cindy

4. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Cute! And the baby can learn its colors on that quilt, too!

5. verthandi

verthandi Songster

May 18, 2007
    Maine
    Quote:Very Pretty! I love the pinwheel blocks, there is something about them that makes me smile. At least you got the top done before the baby was born, I am always so far behind and hope I can get it done before the child is all grown up. I think she will love it!

6. insiderart

insiderart Obviously Insane

Apr 30, 2009
    Arkansas
    Excellent! I want to be your neighbor!! I'm not having a baby or anything... but still I'd like a quilt! [​IMG]

7. flgardengirl

flgardengirl Songster

Dec 2, 2009
    Sunny side up :)
    That beautiful. You have a lucky neighbor [​IMG]

8. Acre of Blessings

Apr 3, 2008
    Axton, VA
    Thanks for all the comments on the quilt. . She is going to be a young mother and I am praying that her the father of the unborn child make the right decisions from here on out.

Hi....1mommahen....where have you been? Is the basket holding up for you?

#1 California Chick....nice to see you poppin in. The monthly block swaps are up and running again [​IMG]

Speckled Hen....I thought the same thing. So if the child learns something from the quilt (colors).....I have done the job right.

verthandi....I love, love, did I say love? pinwheels.....they are my favorite

Insider.....lol I'll make you a top but you'll have to finish it lol

9. Acre of Blessings

Apr 3, 2008
    Axton, VA
    Quote:Yes, she is.....she comes to the house a lot and she asked me a few weeks ago if I'd make her one and I asked her, why in the world would I do something like that?. She looked at me funny and told me that she was like one of my kids. LOL She doesn't know about yet and I am going to try and keep it a secret, but I ain't good with these kinds of secrets. [​IMG]

10. 1mommahen

1mommahen Love My Cluckin' Coop

Mar 20, 2008
    NJ
    Angela, my basket is holding up perfectly! It is used primarily for dinner bread and rolls and I just love to take it out of my pantry and fill it with nice homade things![​IMG] I've been around! Knitting socks and keeping warm!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by