baby rabbit-anybody know what they eat?-help

Achickenwrangler#1

Songster
8 Years
Aug 7, 2011
west virginia
OK, so the dog got into a nest, this little guy has a few cuts, where they are shielded internal injury by bone, bleeding has stopped, otherwise intact. Hubby says, make it live!
Well, I think this one is still being suckled..no idea what rabbits can have as a substitute.

If you can return him to the nest that is the best plan. Baby wild rabbits are very hard to raise, they often live for a few weeks then just die unexpectedly. Otherwise you may look for someone that does rehab, they will know what the baby needs and will try to release it when it is old enough.

Tried that, nest was demolished...
Don,t know why so many pics posted....
Anyway, he appears OK as time goes on, we have a local boy here who says that can be raised, and said just milk...meanwhile I will be surfing and check back if anyone knows...I'd hate to just hit him over the head with a shovel, and i want to use him to teach my dogs 'no rabbit' plus the g kids are coming and one loves rabbits

out here if i called for rehab, they prob ask if he's big enough to eat. Have about an acre of briars 3 feet deep so he'll go over there if he makes it,he'll have lots of company

Back
Top Bottom