Baby Roo is all grown up and all he cares about is killing his dad

I'm no expert on roo behavior, but if this were happening at my house, baby roo would go into a cage. At least until I figured out what to do.

Good luck with it!

Yeah, he's in the house right now. But we'll be asking for help from the local animal control lady who has a "rooster rescue" of fighting birds here in Kane County, IL. I hope she knows what to do.

Baby Roo is a hunka-hunka burnin love for the hens today, too. Maybe his teenager hormones just kicked on?

They are terrible when they get that first hormone surge. I have no idea how long it lasts, because that's when I usually get rid of them! Sorry you guys are having such a hard time with him.
sad.png

Well, the only thing I can think of would be to butcher him and eat him, or give him to someone else that will do the same. Around here anyway you almost have to pay someone to take a roo off your hands though lol, so your best bet's to just do it yourself.

This is a totally spoilt pet chicken. His hobby is lap-stealing. But for 2 days he has been totally into trying to fight his dad. He's also very pretty. Dad's a Silkie with no real fighting chance. I don't think we could eat him. Anyways, he's almost a year old. Wouldn't he be "tough"? Mom's a rosecomb bantam, dad's a Silkie. He has black skin, purple comb and if he's 2 pounds I'd be surprised. Is he really eat-able?

I would put an add on craigs list and list him as a "pet only". I dont know where you live, but up in the heldebergs NY there is a guy who will take chickens, male or female, off anyones hands and keeps a huge flock of mixed chickens as pets. Occassionally in my area I do see listings for pet roos on craigslist and they seem to go, especially if they are nice looking.

Back
Top Bottom