Baby roosters fighting

redneck farmer

Songster
6 Years
Feb 1, 2013
in the swamp killin hawgs
Well it's been a question from day one- how many roosters do I have.
It's been answered by me.
I have two out of five not bad.
But they r only 3 weeks old an r fighting each other an I'm finding very small amounts of blood on just the roosters an I just walked in on them fighting.... What should I do

Last edited:
Young roosters will usually fight for rank or status. Once it has been established who the lead rooster is, then they will get along better. As long as no one is getting seriously hurt I would leave them. If you are only planning on keeping one roo then you could go ahead and pick which one you want to keep and sell or give away they other.

I know it's been quite awhile, but what ever happened with your fighting baby roosters? I have 9 chicks that are 4 weeks old; no clue how many roosters. But I went out this morning and 2 of them were fighting nonstop, the smaller one bleeding in a bunch of spots. The mother hen was just letting them go at it. I separated them for awhile til they cooled off, then I put the smaller one who was getting the worst of it back with the mother and chicks, free ranging. The bigger bully I put in a little pasture pen so he can be out with them but they are separated by fencing. What should I do long term? We plan on keeping 1 of the roosters that are in this batch but are waiting to see which one seems to be the nicest. (We currently have a very mean adult rooster that we want to replace.) Thanks for any tips you can provide!

Back
Top Bottom