Baby Runner Duck 1 week pics

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by WriterofWords, Feb 5, 2008.

1. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    Well the baby will be a week old tomorrow night, Wed, at 10:45. It has quite a personality and has already traveled to my class twice and entertained the Pre-K class too!
    Looks like I was wrong on the color,, I believe it will be a chocolate like mama duck.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Dodgegal79

Dodgegal79 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 1, 2007
    Princeton BC Canada
    Oh He is so cute. I miss having babies, mine are all grown now wreaking my back lawn. Can't wait till spring. lol. DO you just have the one? Are you going to get more??

3. Fancy Feather Poultry

Fancy Feather Poultry Cooped Up

May 30, 2007
    AWW! [​IMG] I cant wait till your package gets here WP!

4. WriterofWords

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    Quote:I had four eggs in the bator, the first one that pipped didn't make it out. This one pipped and hatched within a couple of hours and it was so violent it really rocked the others around. I opened the other eggs and they were all perfectly formed little ducklings, the rolling around and being hit the one hatching is all I could figure happened. My hen is building a new nest and when she starts laying again I'll grab some more donations from her. Now that others have seen the baby around here everyone wants to buy my baby! Runners aren't very common in this area.
    Kate

5. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Awwwwww, now I really wish I had added runners to my order!

Cute baby! [​IMG]

6. Dodgegal79

Dodgegal79 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 1, 2007
    Princeton BC Canada
    My friend gave me my first two because I couldn't find any around here either, then last october, 7 babies were at the auction in a box so I got them and raised them with my 8 muscovys in the kitchen. Thats too bad about your unhatched ones. My quail when they hatch do the same violent hatching, one egg got stuck under the egg turner and that chick couldn't get out.

7. Blisschick

Blisschick not rusty

Feb 20, 2007
    Shepherd, Texas
    Awww, they're so cute! I wish I could have ducks again. I really miss having them. [​IMG]

8. BrahmaMama

BrahmaMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 8, 2008
    South Dakota
    [​IMG] I just Love that picture where he/she is looking down at their feet! [​IMG]

9. BantyChickMom

BantyChickMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2007
    Henderson, NC
    That little guy is so cute.

10. WriterofWords

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    I know,, it bent over to scratch it's tummy just when I shot the pic. It looks like I broke it!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by