Baby Shower Games

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Corey NC, Aug 14, 2008.

1. Corey NC

Corey NC Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    North Carolina
    So I have been asked to think up some games for my Instructors baby shower. Personally I think games baby showers are lame but I haven't actually been to a bs w/ games and cant get Gilmore Girls' baby shower out of my head. Anyways.....here are some "games" I have thought of....

1. When guest sign in they put into a chart: the date they think the baby will be born, sex, weight, length, and a piece of advice for the new mom.

2. Everyone gets a onsie (all different sizes) and decorates it with fabric markers and stuff (what else can you decorate them with?) So Mom-to-be will get a bunch of free onsies

3. Have everyone bring in pictures of themselves as a baby and pin it up on a bulletin board and get people to guess who everyone is. I don't know who all is coming yet but this will only be fun if everyone knows each other pretty well.

These are all I've thought of, anyone else have any ideas or add ons?

2. coffeelady3

coffeelady3 Froths Milk for Hard Cash

Jun 26, 2008
    Tacoma, WA
    You've got to do the cloths pin game. Everyone gets a cloths pin (It can be pink or blue, if the sex of the baby is known) If you catch someone doing some sort of predetermined activity, whether it be using the mother's name, crossing legs, something like that, then you steal all of that person's cloths pins. The person who has the most at the end of the shower wins a prize.

It's amazing how cut-throat some of these ladies can get!

ETA-I've seen people use diaper pins too....

Last edited: Aug 14, 2008
  3. josh_bigler

josh_bigler Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2008
    windsor, missouri
    another good one is, you take yarn and go around and the person cuts the yarn to how big around they think her stomache is and whoever is closest wins [​IMG] IM A GUY TOO, i didnt just say that LOL [​IMG], but my wife and i are having a baby TUES AUG 19!!![​IMG] so i know a few games lol

4. cthrash1

cthrash1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2008
    Somerset, KY
    I went to one years ago where they made up a bunch of tiny diapers and only one had a dot of brown mustard in it, and handed one to us as we went in...We had to pin it onto our shirt and couldnt look at it. At the end of the baby shower we got to open them and whoever had the mustard spot got the door prize.
    Also another is to take 10 to 20 words associated with babies and scramble them, print however many you need and pass out face down to everyone. They get 2 minutes to figure out as many words as they can.
    Josh, we've been to one that had that game except they used toilet paper and you had to take how many squares of tp you think she is around.

5. truckerswife

truckerswife Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2007
    SW Washington
    This game is gross but very fun. You get a few newborn diapers, label with letters or #'s. Inside each diaper is a semi-melted candy bar... Guests have a timed limit to guess what kind of candy bar are in the diapers. They have a sheet of paper with the letters or #'s and the write their guess next to letter or #.

Who ever has the most correct guesses wins.

Some of us opted out,,,,some did the sneak peek,,, and some ladies got so into the game putting the diapers right up to their noses to smell what kind of candy. It was hilarious!

6. coffeelady3

coffeelady3 Froths Milk for Hard Cash

Jun 26, 2008
    Tacoma, WA
    Oooh! Oooh! That reminds me of another one! Taste the baby food! have plates with small dollops of different types of baby food on them and see who can correctly guess the most flavors.

7. tpflabs

tpflabs Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 20, 2007
    Metamora, Illinois
    We just had a baby shower for one of my friends and did the onesie thing. With fabric paint.. it was really cute, When the baby was born, Mom put the baby in each of the onesie, took a picture, and sent the picture with the thank you card and the birth announcement..
    Made it kinda more personalized..
    that was nice..

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by