baby shower help

chixie

Songster
10 Years
Apr 6, 2009
kountze texas
I am throwing my daughter a baby shower. I have been trying to plan it for months...It in 2 weeks..
I still havent planned the menu... It is 2-4pm. I was gonna do finger sandwhiches ... I really would like something different that doesnt cost a whole lot to make. Its gonna be around 25 people. All ideas are welcome.

I decided to forgo the party favors. I need game prize ideas that are also reasonable priced but not tacky. I need 4... this is driving me nuts

thanks for all ideas

Pasta - spaghetti and/or pesto w/ salad and garlic bread - fast and easy to make, not too costly.
Prizes - smelly soaps and lotions and/or movie bucket ($5 movie from walmart, bowl $1-$2, microwave popcorn and some candy)

Last edited:
One good idea is to give baby-related game prizes, like baby shampoo, etc. The idea is that the winner will donate that baby item to the mommy-to-be. If $5 per gift isn't too much, Starbucks giftcards in that amount are always popular.

2-4 is a great time frame. Nice and light. You can make punch with a frozen can of juice concentrate, like White grape Peach, and mix with a 2Liter of 7-Up.

Chocolate covered strawberries are easy to make at home with melted chocolate chips, and strawberries are cheaper in season right now.

Brownie pizza is easy, too. Make brownies according to package, cook on larger jelly roll pan so that the brownies are thin like pizza crust. Mix stick of cream cheese with 1/3 c. powedered sugar to make frosting. Frost brownies and top with either cut up fruit or nuts, etc. Looks pretty.

Pinwheels are easy to make, cheap and can look nice cut up and arranged on a decorative plate.

Veggie platters are very easy to make yourself, and usually cheaper than buying one pre-made.

Homemade bruschetta is easy, to. But 1 loaves of french baguettes, slice thickly. Butter lightly and sprinkle with garlic salt minimally. Put a small amount of mozzarella on each slice and either 2 small Roma tomato slices, or 1 Tbsp. of diced tomatoes. Add a tiny pinch of Italian Seasoning on top and bake for 5 minutes at 400 and 5 minutes on broil.

Baby shower fare, for all of my friends, should look nice and sort of classy, but doesnt have to be over the top.

Quote:
You can't beat their pizza slices, they're huge!! (Great for feeding hungry teens)

They have all kinds of stuff you can just throw in the oven right before serving. Dips, cheeses, cookie assortments, etc. All KINDS of stuff for parties.

Back
Top Bottom