baby shower question

agnes_day

Songster
11 Years
Aug 29, 2008
oklahoma
have any of you moms ever NOT had a baby shower?
i was thinking about this earlier..i have never had one, and obviously i wouldn't want one at this point but i feel kind of sad that ive never had one.
hmm.png

I have three boys and never had a shower. And yes, sometimes it makes me really sad, but most of the time I don't think about it much... only when I'm sad about other things and I've spiraled down into my sad place.

hugs.gif
:

tell ya what girly, i would do it. y not? I think every mother should have one sometime!!!! Me and my wife don't have kids together........... yet........ but we don't need anything from a shower because of all the kids she sort of walked into .. .. .. . . . ..

But she'd like to have one for the fun and silly games, and everyone getting together to give them a 1 day pass to rub her belly and tell her about the glow.

i had one. it was given for me by relatives and i am thankful, BUT if left up to me i wouldn't have regretted not having one. i am just not a party person, and i think if someone wants to give a gift they would anyway, but i think society dictates a lot of social behaviors, so go ahead and have one (next time).i guess i'm a big scrooge, i was thinking we could have bought the baby everything with what we spent on food for everyone, plus i wouldn't have 50 people wanting to touch my belly.
hmm.png

oh no, i would never even think of having a shower for a 7th baby!
lol.png

i probably would also end up thinking about how we couldve spent the money on baby stuff also.
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom