Baby silkie help

mzhof

Songster
Jul 4, 2018
Suburb Twin Cities MN
I came home from work and one of my baby silkies is almost dead. Still chirped when I took him out of the brooder. Temp was 95, it's just 7 days after I got him and 2 others. Started feeding him electrolyte water now he's not making a sound. How much should I give him? Will he drown if I try more?

Take some pictures of him while he is in he brooder. What does you brooder look like? Is there areas he can get to that away from the heat? Heat lamp should be farther away to lower temp. At 2 weeks brooder temp should be around 80-85. Is he running around, sleeping, panting, wings spread out, not doing anything?

Take some pictures of him while he is in he brooder. What does you brooder look like? Is there areas he can get to that away from the heat? Heat lamp should be farther away to lower temp. At 2 weeks brooder temp should be around 80-85. Is he running around, sleeping, panting, wings spread out, not doing anything?

He's exactly 8 days I just got him last Monday, day after he hatched. He died.

awe Man. I’m so sorry
Thanks Dr. Tucker (are you really a doctor?) I'm a nurse, just wondering. First one to die didn't think I would take it this hard. I purposely ordered 8 regular size knowing chicks are fragile but those guys thrived and are now 4 weeks old. Was too eager to get the silkies, kept them separated, kept heat, food/water everything the same for them but I did read they're more fragile anyway. Hope the other 2 will be ok. Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom