Baby silkie questions!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Elizabeth7987, Jun 20, 2017.

1. Elizabeth7987

Elizabeth7987 Just Hatched

Jun 20, 2017
    hello, I hope no one minds me asking a few questions about my babies here...I tried to look at older threads but due to rain my wifi is down and my phone only has a limited amount of data...and well I'm impatient and want to learn as much as I can about my new little girls!

First I want to say I did research about raising chicks a few times over the last few years so I'm pretty knowledgeable about that...what I want to know is how can I keep them stimulated while they grow until they can go outside?

They are super curious already, but I worry without stimulation they will be bored so what types of things are safe for them? I've seen threads about mirrors, small roosts, etc but I also see that you need to be careful with sillies...so can anyone offer any ideas?

Right now my girls are only 2 weeks old but I already see them pecking here and there, it's adorable and I'm in love! I want to be sure I am doing the best by my new little feathered nuggets so they can grow to be the happiest they can be <3

2. Angie NS

Angie NS Just Hatched

Jun 3, 2017
    Nova Scotia
    I find that if you concentrate on the mama hen, if you have one, the chicks will follow. Give her a dirt bath and they will learn by watching her, or a small, low perch to start practicing on, along with some nice scratching material in a tray to find some chick feed in.... here's my silkie chick mama sitting on her nest:)

Attached Files:

3. Silkie nerd

Silkie nerd Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2017
    Ask me any questions and I will answer my best

4. Silkie nerd

Silkie nerd Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2017
    And adorable picture

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by