Baby silkie very lethargic 1 wk old

Autmizak

Chirping
Jun 19, 2017
DE93E3F7-99D9-4386-B857-747BC5E387D7.jpeg
6F119496-BB36-459F-AA9F-24B42C2A8CB9.jpeg
So I hatched out 7 peeps, 2 of which were silkies. Yesterday, everyone was totally fine and good then today I come to see that one silkie peep is dead and the other is acting so strange. Like looks like she/he is dying.. doesn’t want to eat or drink or move. No injuries that I can see and if you pick her up, she will walk. I haven’t had a chance to get chick feed so I’ve been giving them later feed and they have been doing great with it. I was gonna go tonight and get some. I don’t know what to do!! I don’t want this little baby to die! Please help!!!

View attachment 1426904 View attachment 1426902 So I hatched out 7 peeps, 2 of which were silkies. Yesterday, everyone was totally fine and good then today I come to see that one silkie peep is dead and the other is acting so strange. Like looks like she/he is dying.. doesn’t want to eat or drink or move. No injuries that I can see and if you pick her up, she will walk. I haven’t had a chance to get chick feed so I’ve been giving them later feed and they have been doing great with it. I was gonna go tonight and get some. I don’t know what to do!! I don’t want this little baby to die! Please help!!!
I meant layer feed

Layer feed has more calcium in it that can damage and shut down the organs of the chicks. They shouldn't have it until 16 to 18 weeks old or once they start laying.
I'm sorry for your loss :hugs

Layer feed has more calcium in it that can damage and shut down the organs of the chicks. They shouldn't have it until 16 to 18 weeks old or once they start laying.
I'm sorry for your loss :hugs
I had no idea!!!!! Is here anything I can do? Ugh I wish I knew that !!!! I just gave her some home made electrolyte mix. It was water, sugar, baking soda, salt. Just a very little bit. I’m hoping she can recover!!!!

I usually do use chick feed but I haven’t had time to go to tractor supply so I thought they would be okay but I was wrong! I’m going to TRactor Supply now. I have her in the same bin as the other 5 chicks but she is in her own area blocked off.

I had no idea!!!!! Is here anything I can do? Ugh I wish I knew that !!!! I just gave her some home made electrolyte mix. It was water, sugar, baking soda, salt. Just a very little bit. I’m hoping she can recover!!!!
I'm sorry I don't know of anything that will dispel calcium. It will just build up in the kidneys till it causes organ failure.

Back
Top Bottom