Baby trucky will not stand up

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by AndreaTellez, May 9, 2016.

1. AndreaTellez

AndreaTellez New Egg

May 9, 2016
    Hello, I am new and still trying to figure this out. I have a baby turkey about two weeks old and yesterday just stop standing up on its own. I have the baby turkey in with three baby chicks. The chicks are just fine. I have found the turkey on her back A couple of times and just flipped her over. Can somebody please help I do not want her to die I did put Chick electrolytes in the water and have been force feeding her because all she wants to do is lay down

2. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
  3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    I think you should also post on the "Turkey thread," Are you using a medicated chick starter? Maybe that shouldn't be given to turkeys.

4. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

5. hothumid

hothumid New Egg

May 10, 2016

6. hothumid

hothumid New Egg

May 10, 2016
    Turkeys require a higher protein feed than chickens. She's probably too weak from feeding her chicken feed. Turkey feed or game bird feed is higher protein. It supports their much faster growth rate. On chicken feed, she will continue to weaken until she dies.

7. AndreaTellez

AndreaTellez New Egg

May 9, 2016
    My turkey is eating turkey crumble not chicken food. My little chicks are miniature chickens that are going to get very big, no bigger then a pigeon. So they're the same size as the turkey but old enough to turkey crumble

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by