Baby Turkey Help

Discussion in 'Turkeys' started by sweetshoplady, Apr 23, 2009.

1. sweetshoplady

sweetshoplady Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2008
    Venice, Florida
    I hatched a really cute little RP. I left it in the LG bator to dry after getting out of its shell. And while the other little poult was coming out of its shell. This afternoon, the little fella's eyes were closed and it was standing so that its head was right next to the heating element. It is now acting as though its blind, which it was fine yesterday and this morning. Is it possible it will be ok? Or has it blinded itself with the heating element?

2. Struttn1

Struttn1 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2008
    Southern Illinois
    It should be fine if it is dry and is warm.

3. sweetshoplady

sweetshoplady Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2008
    Venice, Florida
    Thanks, you're right. The little guy is fine, opened his eyes when I moved him into the brooder box with the other hatchee.

Got my fingers crossed the Naragansetts and Blue Slates all come out healthy and strong. [​IMG] Their due this weekend.

4. Struttn1

Struttn1 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2008
    Southern Illinois
    Cool !!! Hope they do well for you. I have one that is going to hatch anytime now. I lost the Black Spanish that hatched 2 days ago. [​IMG]

I should have at least 2 bourbon Reds by morning. I have more Black Spanish eggs to move to the hatcher in the morning and the six Royal Palm eggs I got from Spydertoys go to the hatcher on Monday.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by