Baby turkeys attacking one chick

Efuff

Hatching
Jun 6, 2021
We recently got 4 baby turkeys. We have raised two turkeys before, but this is still need to us. Everything was going well until three babies ganged up and started attacking one chick. The chick was bleeding and almost lost a toe. We separated them, but I would still like to know some opinions on why this could have happened

We recently got 4 baby turkeys. We have raised two turkeys before, but this is still need to us. Everything was going well until three babies ganged up and started attacking one chick. The chick was bleeding and almost lost a toe. We separated them, but I would still like to know some opinions on why this could have happened
Pretty much normal turkey behavior especially if the turkeys feel crowded. Once a turkey gets it into its mind to do something, it can be relentless in trying to accomplish its purpose.

Separating the poults from the chicks is the only solution.

Hopefully you are giving the turkeys a high protein turkey or gamebird starter. They need a higher quality feed than chicks for them to develop properly.

Pretty much normal turkey behavior especially if the turkeys feel crowded. Once a turkey gets it into its mind to do something, it can be relentless in trying to accomplish its purpose.

Separating the poults from the chicks is the only solution.

Hopefully you are giving the turkeys a high protein turkey or gamebird starter. They need a higher quality feed than chicks for them to develop properly.
Nono you have misunderstood. They are all turkeys. None of them are chickens. I said chicks because I didn’t know the right word for baby Turkey. They are still small and have plenty of room currently. But all of the other turkeys ganged up on one Turkey baby.

Nono you have misunderstood. They are all turkeys. None of them are chickens. I said chicks because I didn’t know the right word for baby Turkey. They are still small and have plenty of room currently. But all of the other turkeys ganged up on one Turkey baby.
That can happen too especially if blood gets drawn.

Sorry but saying they have plenty of room does not mean anything to me. Your idea of plenty of room and my idea may be completely different.

It also tends to happen in smaller groups.

Back
Top Bottom