Baby turkeys moved outside. šŸ„³šŸ„³šŸ„³

Devils Flower

Songster
Mar 20, 2021
Area 51
Finally got my baby turkeys permanently outside today. I have been taking them out side for the last 5 days and putting them in there playpen and bringing them in a few hours before dark.
For there new home we used are dog kennel that we have been using as a hospital for any hurt chickens or ducks. I forgot to take before pictures but here are some after pics. We put up new tarps and cleaned up the area. Gave them a jungle gym that the chickens have been using for a couple of years.
All sides of the kennel is covered in wielded wire and the top has chicken wire.
Hope you like the pictures.
Polish_20210408_141524805.jpg
Polish_20210408_141749482.jpg
Polish_20210408_141640929.jpg
Polish_20210408_143933511.jpg

Last edited:
Finally got my baby turkeys permanently outside today. I have been taking them out side for the last 5 days and putting them in there playpen and bringing them in a few hours before dark.
For there new home we used are dog kneel that we have been using as a hospital for any hurt chickens or ducks. I forgot to take before pictures but here are some after pics. We put up new tarps and cleaned up the area. Gave them a jungle gym that the chickens have been using for a couple of years.
All side of the kneel is covered in wielded wire and the top has chicken wire.
Hope you like the pictures. View attachment 2605567View attachment 2605570View attachment 2605577View attachment 2605593
That young of poults left outside at night in that enclosure will be easy pickings for any nighttime predators that you have.

Nothing can get in. Can't dig under or get through the top or reach through the sides It is 100% predator proof. That why it was used for a hospital for hurt chickens and ducks.
That young of poults left outside at night in that enclosure will be easy pickings for any nighttime predators that you have.
E

There is 4 feet wielded wire on all side of the kennel and on the door and chicken wire across the top. I have had ducks in it that have been jumped by hawks and chickens that got unknow injures. Witch all predators love because it's easy to catch and I have never lost any one to a predator while in the kennel. I have used the kennel ad a hospital for the last 7 years.
Many predators can go right through chain link fence as if it isn't there..

Is it snake proof? I put 5 week old guineas out in our coop. We found 4 dead the next morning. Found the snake on the shelf curled up digesting one of the babies. We kept our turkeys in last year in the garage until they were 8 weeks old. Put up a 4x8x4 wooden box in our garage.

Is it snake proof? I put 5 week old guineas out in our coop. We found 4 dead the next morning. Found the snake on the shelf curled up digesting one of the babies. We kept our turkeys in last year in the garage until they were 8 weeks old. Put up a 4x8x4 wooden box in our garage.
Good question. Im not sure. We have never had trouble with snakes. Havnt even had any get in the chicken coop and that would be easy for a snake to get in too. When we first settled here I had my ducklings in the dog kennel until I could get the coop.

For there new home we used are dog kennel that we have been using as a hospital for any hurt chickens or ducks. I forgot to take before pictures but here are some after pics. We put up new tarps and cleaned up the area. Gave them a jungle gym that the chickens have been using for a couple of years.
All sides of the kennel is covered in wielded wire and the top has chicken wire.
Hope you like the pictures. View attachment 2605567View attachment 2605570View attachment 2605577View attachment 2605593

My baby turkeys are doing great. Here is a video of them enjoying some spring weather.
https://youtube.com/shorts/_HIn5THY4Z0?feature=share

Back
Top Bottom