Baby upside down in the egg (I need assisted hatch help)

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by dandydoodle, Sep 28, 2012.

1. dandydoodle

dandydoodle Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 21, 2010
    georgia
    I made a air hole for this baby because, I suspected it might be in trouble. I did this Wednesday night. When I made the opening I discovered the baby was upside down. It didn't have an air sac and that is why I tried to help in the first place. When I made the hole I discovered it had not absorbed the yolk sac and was not ready to come out, so I put it back and gave it more time. I didn't figure it was gonna live but, figured I would give it a shot. Well here it is Friday and it is still alive. So I need to start help it out but, here is my problem the pip I made is obviously close to its tummy area. I know in assisted hatches you do a little at a time and let them help to get out. I can see feet through the hole there is now and if I open it from there I am assuming if the yolk sac isn't all the way in its tummy there will be a problem. Should I make a knew hole on the smaller end of the egg where I suspect its head is and help it zip from that end. I don't know I am at a loss. [​IMG]

I don't think this baby is gonna make but, I would like to help it just in case there is a chance. Not to mention if it is gonna pass you would think it would be more comfortable with its head not stuffed into the small end of the egg.

Anyway if anyone can give me some help on this one I would really appreciate it. I have done assisted hatches before but, not with them upside down.

Thanks,
    MIchelle

2. dandydoodle

Sep 21, 2010
    georgia
    anyone??? [​IMG]

3. dandydoodle

Sep 21, 2010
    georgia
    [​IMG]