Baby vitamin, how much to give?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by ChicksR4Me, Oct 18, 2009.

1. ChicksR4Me

ChicksR4Me Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 1, 2008
    North East Indiana
    I have received 26 chicks from mc murray hatchery. Two of them died shortly after arrival. I think they were crushed by the others trying to get warm. The rest are doing pretty good and are active except for one . She seem to be slower and less energetic than the others. She's taking water but I have yet to see her eat. There is corn syrup mixed with the water and I've tried mashed up hard boiled egg yolk. So I got some electrolyte mix from the feed store to mix in their water and some poly-vi-sol no/iron vitamins from wal-mart. I know how to mix the electrolytes but I'm not sure how much vitamin to give her. I've read it in here a long time ago but can't remember and can't find the thread. Does anyone know how much to give? Please forgive me for not trying harder to find the thread that talked about how much vitamin to give but I would really like to get some into her and don't have time to be on computer too long. Thank you very much

2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Polyvisol without iron, a couple of drops in her beak once a day. I'd remove the corn syrup from the water if its past the first day you got them. Causes pasty butt, all the sugar.

3. RAWR

RAWR Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2009
    who wants to know?
    Quote:she took the words outta my mouth :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by