• leave them in there and risk them dying

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

evaforever

In the Brooder
Apr 29, 2018
Hey!
So about two days ago i was mowing the back garden when i heard cheeping and i'd recently seen woodpeckers going in and out of a hole in the tree.
So i knew there must be baby woodpeckers.
But thismorning i went out and the tree has cracked and fallen! The babys are still in there alive and we're not sure what to do, we dont see any parents but they're alive and cheeping. We have alot of cats, rats, mice. Ect around here and we dont want to risk them dying.
Anyone know of anything we can do?

Are they in a nest?
If so, can you move that to a nearby tree?
The parent(s) will find it from the cheeping of the babies.....

Otherwise, I’d try to call a wildlife rescue and ask them for advice.

Are they in a nest?
If so, can you move that to a nearby tree?
The parent(s) will find it from the cheeping of the babies.....

Otherwise, I’d try to call a wildlife rescue and ask them for advice.

This. Make a makeshift nest out of anything, a Tupperware container lined with paper towels and duct tape it around a branch in a nearby tree. Keep away and watch to see if mom comes back. If she is around, she will hear them and come back for them.

The wildlife rehab told me to feed baby birds dog food. Either moistened dry dog food or canned is OK. However, they did feed some birds cat food. The woodpeckers may be in that category because they eat meat (grubs, etc.) The dog food is for birds that are seed eaters. Grubs and worms are fine if you can find enough of them. Cat food is always available.

Back
Top Bottom