Baby Wyandottes

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by ilovelove, Jul 8, 2011.

1. ilovelove

ilovelove Out Of The Brooder

May 20, 2011
    Colorado
    My Coop
    I just picked up my two new and adorable little wyandotte chicks today. One is Silver Laced, the other was labeled as "Red Laced." Im confused about this because all i have seen so far are Blue Laced Red, or Gold Laced. Is there a red laced color, or is it just gold laced? Here are a few pics, if anyone knows what color this little red one truly is i would appreciate the feed back. Thanks!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. chickenlover54

chickenlover54 Henely Hatchery

May 20, 2009
    Northern Illinois
    They meant golden laced [​IMG]

3. ilovelove

May 20, 2011
    Colorado
    My Coop
    thanks. thats what i was thinking but you never know!

4. Brody's Broodello

Brody's Broodello Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 9, 2009
    Maryland
    They look like little soldiers standing in the one pick. Looks like you may have a pair there!

5. ilovelove

May 20, 2011
    Colorado
    My Coop
    they are supposed to both be guaranteed females. But that first pic is one of my favorites

6. Brody's Broodello

Brody's Broodello Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 9, 2009
    Maryland
    Hard to tell from the angles, but with the pattern gened birds the females have white stripes running down next to the big dark spot on the middle of the back. ie from the center dark spot, then white line, then usually a lighter version of the center color stripe. If you look straight down from the top you'll see what i mean. Good luck, they look like nice fat healthy chicks!

7. ilovelove

May 20, 2011
    Colorado
    My Coop
    oh good. knowing my luck this year with chickens, they will both be roosters. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by