Babys!! Cuteness overload!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Whitewinterwolf, Jun 1, 2012.

1. Whitewinterwolf

Whitewinterwolf Songster

Apr 11, 2011
    Massachusetts
    So all of my chicks hatched under my broodys, and now they get to be moms. I am so far loving this...There are 8 of them. One of which im raising myself due to a new mom mistake >.> *She skinned it...* so it cant be outside until its healed.
    But, back to the other babys!
    [​IMG]
    There all Cochin crosses except for the buff baby, and stinking adorable!! They keep falling over asleep in the sun.
    [​IMG]
    The two moms have been great! They are taking care of the baby's together, no fighting, no bickering, and no mascaraing of the baby's!
    [​IMG]
    The other hens are being great to, the oldest is the white butt in this picture and shes watching over the babys like a hawk. She dosent get between them and the moms, but if another hen gets to close she will chase them away from the young ones, its so cute!!
    [​IMG]
    Theres the buff, my little chipmunk, red face, black lady, and slow poke. Im not so sure that slowpoke is going to make it, its very...very slow and odd. It could be because of the heat and its just sleepy.
    [​IMG]
    Red face is my favorite TwT
    [​IMG]
    Its so hard to be this adorable.
    [​IMG]
    And there are the two in the coop with moma Missy.
    [​IMG]
    Red face again ^^
    [​IMG]
    Its the moma dance!
    [​IMG]
    Aren't they cute!!
    [​IMG]
    And last but not least, my little survivor covered in Neosporin hehe. I dont want to name it Lucky just yet because every time you do that they die...So! I will be safe this time and name it lucky when its healed.
    Aren't they adorable though!?

2. GoChick

GoChick Songster

Sep 16, 2010
    cuteness overload!!

I too had a broody mom go crazy and skin one of the chicks... the chick survived and went broody this year! :)

Good luck!

3. Whitewinterwolf

Whitewinterwolf Songster

Apr 11, 2011
    Massachusetts
    Yes! Big overload! XD

Well that is encouraging! Hopefully this little one will survive as well [​IMG]
    Thank you!!

4. deek

deek Songster

Apr 6, 2012
    South Georgia
    They are fabulous! Red Face is cuteness done over, but the buffs are picture perfect too. But, I have to say...my favorite is the "naked" chick. He/she will make it and feather out beautifully. Congratulations!

5. Snowygirl

Snowygirl Songster

Jun 15, 2011
    Mirkwood
    Ok, total cuteness overload!!!!!! [​IMG] They're so sweet!!

6. Whitewinterwolf

Whitewinterwolf Songster

Apr 11, 2011
    Massachusetts
    See I told you so XD There all very sweet, and the moms let me pick them up!

Red face is my favorite TwT I cant wait to see how it grows up!!
    Yes, if my poor little naked one makes it *Which I think it will* its going to feather into the most beautiful baby ever!!
    Thank you ^^

7. TinkyFeathers

TinkyFeathers Chirping

Nov 13, 2011
    Oh they are gorgeous! I hope the little baby makes it!
    What do you mean by skinned? Like it plucked its the chick fluff out or what? Sorry to ask.
    But anyways congrats on the hatches!

8. Whitewinterwolf

Whitewinterwolf Songster

Apr 11, 2011
    Massachusetts
    Thank you!! I hope so also!
    I mean someone pulled its skin off to be blunt. So its literally got a hunk of skin missing from its side that has to re-grow.
    It was a bit traumatizing when it happened, the poor thing was wicked shocky to :( But at least its getting better and active now :D
    And thank you!!!

9. Just reebok

Just reebok Chirping

Soooooooo cute! Just what I needed to see after a long work week!

10. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Great job! [​IMG] for no name lucky chick.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: