baby's first bath * PIC ADDED *

Discussion in 'Turkeys' started by Crazy4Chicks, Apr 14, 2008.

1. Crazy4Chicks

Crazy4Chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 20, 2007
    Glendale, AZ
    I thought my little triplets would like a trip to the local water park for a little bath - they were scared at first but that quickly changed to splashing and playing - they were only allowed a very short visit this time but hopefully the weather will warm back up in a day or two and I will let them play again.

So here is Peanut, Topknot,Uno haveing some fun

[​IMG]

Julie

2. Run-A-Muck Ranch

Run-A-Muck Ranch Chillin' With My Peeps

oh so cute...
    Do you need to dry them off when they get out seeings how they don't have the mom there to put her oils on them?? Just curious as I know that is what my mom did with both the baby ducks and geese she had.

3. Crazy4Chicks

Nov 20, 2007
    Glendale, AZ
    while the little ones were playing I went and cleaned thier brooder added fresh shavings and a warm washcloth from the dryer - also grabbed a hand towel and DH would hand one baby to me at a time and I would dry them off and put them in thier brooder - when all 3 were in I covered the whole thing with a light blanket to help keep them warm - it was a pretty nice day but I did not want to take the chance - they were totally dry in no time - and all that playing they did - they played themselfs right into a long nap.

Julie

4. Run-A-Muck Ranch

Run-A-Muck Ranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Cute....Glad to know they tired themselves right out...Kind of like kids...play play play, time for bath and before you know it they are alseep...

5. Crazy4Chicks

Nov 20, 2007
    Glendale, AZ
    I cant believe how much I love these little guys - they were from my fisrt try at hatching any thing in my life - and I have the parents here so it is really neat to be able to have the whole family. I am really hoping I have more females with these 3 so they can stay here and I can watch them grow - if they happen to be males they will go live at the zoo and be a part of the petting zoo there since they were home hatched and hand raised - and I sill will be able to see them.

Julie

6. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    They are so adorable. Cant wait for my other duck eggs to hatch.

7. ticks

ticks Pheasant Obsessed

Apr 1, 2008
    The Sticks, Vermont
    are the little black ones cayugas?

8. Crazy4Chicks

Nov 20, 2007
    Glendale, AZ
    actually these are muttducks LOL the mom to all 3 is a cayuga - the daddy to Topknot is my creasted -- the daddy to Uno ( the odd colored fellow ) we are thinking is my Pekin , and as far as Peanut - not sure who her daddy is LOL

so we have a cayuga/creasted -- cayuga/pekin -- cayuga/creasted or pekin

either way they are way to cute - they follow each other everywhere and if I take one out to hold him the other 2 go nuts waiting for thier brother/sister to come back
    they remind me of the parents outside - those 3 do the same thing where one goes they all go - I am looking forward to the babies getting old enough to join their mom and dad(s).

Julie

9. Slike

Slike Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 1, 2007
    Puna, Big Island, HI
    So very cute [​IMG] Thanks for sharing.
    I wish I had a pond out here, I'd have all sorts of water fowl. I love runners and the little call ducks and geese. We have to have water trucked in though, (thanks to the 5 bzillion surrounding non-dry grow vineyards having successfully messed with the water table over the past decade) so unfortunately there is not spare enough to make one.

10. Crazy4Chicks

Nov 20, 2007
    Glendale, AZ
    well I dont have a pond either just a little kiddie pool - now with these little ones that brings us to 6 ducks - but I can only keep females - so if 1-2 of them are staying I am going to have to get at least one bigger pool and keep the kiddie pool for the babies. sad my ducks will have at least 2 pools and I am stuck to sweat and die from the heat pool-less !

Julie

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by