1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Babys found new daddy!!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Saltiena, Jun 20, 2007.

1. Saltiena

Saltiena Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2007
    Peach Bottom
    well we decided since the room that the chicks werte in had a door that was ALWAYS closed to not get a screen or chicken wire on top, but when i went in on the 4th day the door waws cracked, i looked in the brooder to see hazel!(some of you may have seen the thread with the sad kitty story and how he got his cast , plus pics)he wasn't chasing them or anything like that, he was asleep, it was probably b/c of the heat lamp he must have been cold, so he went in and fell asleep the chicks were crawling all over him! i got him out and scolded him, then i stood a screen up vertically on the out side of one side, and put a stool there, he now sits on the stool and rests his head on his haands while looking in he doesn't try to get in any more, especially since he must have scars from all the pecking lol, but every time the chicks see him the start squacking and run twards him, its sooo cute!!!!!

2. ozark hen

ozark hen Living My Dream

Apr 4, 2007
    Mansfield, MO
    aww, that is so sweet.

3. Saltiena

Saltiena Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2007
    Peach Bottom
    ya, we don't trust him to be in there by himself, but he still freks out every time they start chirping hehe

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by