Babysitting< Quick I Need Help!

CrazyChickensEverwhere

Songster
8 Years
Apr 8, 2011
Ok, im babysitting a child whos almost 2 years old, and she took a nap, woke up and now is balling because she wants her mom and dad, any ideas!?! I called her mom and put she wanted to talk to Bella on the phone, that made is 100 times worse, now she is a little more quiet now that shes eatting dinner, but she won't try to talk to me, and everytime I look at her she looks away.

Please help!

It's not you, she's 2 and that's normal development for her age. Think about it, you're a stanger and all the big people she's used to are gone.

Find some toys, bring them out and start playing. Chances are she;ll come over to see what you're doing, and calm down.

I'm guessing you're a new person to her. Find out what she likes (dolls, games, etc) & engage her in play. Funny faces sometimes get them laughing & that will break the ice. As a 2 year old, my granddaughter liked to feel important, so I would ask her where things were. Good luck!
hugs.gif

Quote:
Yeah, like Saddina says. Give her a little bit of space, don't be trying to pick her up and all that. Just make sure she is where you can see her at all times. Find something to play with and let her come to you. Kids videos or cartoons sometimes help. She'll warm up to you.

Yep, two is a fussy age. Like Saddina said, you can try some toys, or what I used to do back in my childcare days is pretend to play without them, talking to yourself out loud about how much fun it is. It's amazing how fast they can calm down, start watching, pout for a while, then join in.

Don't panic, nothing bad is happening, she's just being fussy right now. Stay calm and cheerful and DON'T play into her antics, telling her not to cry, or begging her to calm down. That will only encourage her. Just stay cheerful and act like everything is fine, she'll calm down.
smile.png

ok I broke the ice! wooooo! I kind of ignored her at first because the more I tried to talk to her the more she cried. Shes my niece but I see her once a month. I broke the ice by letting her play with my phone (it was off) giving her juice (she does not get juice often) and playing outside. OF and she likes to make growl noises so we had a growling contest

Back
Top Bottom