Bachelor Coop photos, please?!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by 6chickens in St. Charles, Jan 27, 2011.

1. 6chickens in St. Charles

6chickens in St. Charles Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2009
    St. Charles, IL
    [​IMG]

5 little bantam roobabies almost 5 months old. Undecided whether to keep any, but some look promising for pets. Will shortly require seperating before they make each other an ugly mess. We have a few plans for seperate coops, and at least one other home, but if anybody has good "Bachelor Coops" please post!

Thanks!

2. poultrycrazy

poultrycrazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2010
    :)
    Mine is just a 10 by 10 metal coop. If they all get along fine you should be able to keep them together. (i do)

3. 6chickens in St. Charles

Mar 25, 2009
    St. Charles, IL
    Quote:Without hens? Just wondering.

4. Chook-A-Holic

Chook-A-Holic Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2009
    Central, N.C.
    Here is my bachelor coop/run. Nothing fancy, but it works great. I have 16 heritage RIR's that are almost a year old and they all get along fine. Some folks may think that the coop may be a little small for them, but all they do is roost in it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. poultrycrazy

poultrycrazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2010
    :)
    6chickens in St. Charles :

Quote:Without hens? Just wondering.

Yes without hens​

6. 6chickens in St. Charles

Mar 25, 2009
    St. Charles, IL
    Well, so far they don't fight, and they're hatched in September, making this their 5th month. By now the aggressive ones should be showing up.

But I still want to seperate them from the hens, they're all pretty randy and the hens don't like it. I think I'll try a bachelor pad in the garage and try to let them all freerange together during the day. At least then the hens will get a break every pm and every day til we let them together.

7. terrilhb

terrilhb Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 11, 2010
    Georgia
    As long as they don't fight I would not worry. Chook-A-Holic your's is cool looking

8. 6chickens in St. Charles

Mar 25, 2009
    St. Charles, IL
    I just told one little rooboy to "Get off my hen!" and he stopped and looked up at me like, "What? Oh. Sorry.". I wonder if I keep telling them "Dont do that" if they'll be trainable to keep off the hens. I just never thought to try it.

Wish me luck! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by