bachlor pad for roosters my husband wants to keep

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by Gonzo, Jun 21, 2009.

1. Gonzo

Gonzo Songster

May 25, 2009
    Southwestern, In
    Ok, my husband who previously had no intrest in the chickens, is fallin' in love with them..... all of them! We have 3 RIR roos' that have never been apart, my DH will spend lots of time in the backyard with the "boys" tryin' to catch them, give them treats etc... he has convinced himself (not me) that we need to keep all 3 boys! Could I put the 3 in a bachlor pad together without having to worry about them killing one another? (maybe I'll make it large enough to put my Husband in their with them!) Him culling them for food is outta the question! We could never eat "Fluffy" I could do it myself, then tell him I found them a new home... and BTW we're having fried chicken tonight! [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. lauralou

lauralou Songster

Dec 10, 2007
    Central Virginia
    I think a bachelor pad is a great idea!

I don't have one, so I don't actually know how it would work out. But it seems to me that if they were raised together, you'd have a pretty good chance of a favorable outcome.

Oh, and congrats on your hubby loving the chickens! Mine does too, and I'm forever grateful for that. I bought him a duck for Father's Day. A duck that I wanted.... [​IMG]

3. Gonzo

Gonzo Songster

May 25, 2009
    Southwestern, In
    thanks! anyone else? I need to see if anyone else has done this and what the out come was

4. Gonzo

Gonzo Songster

May 25, 2009
    Southwestern, In
    bump

5. lovin my girls

lovin my girls In the Brooder

May 28, 2009
    Bumping this up as I am also thinking of this.

Thanks.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: