1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Bacitracin Methylene Disalicylate Dosage

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by dlecolst, Dec 20, 2011.

1. dlecolst

dlecolst Out Of The Brooder

Jun 6, 2010
    Hello All:

My birds were recently diagnosed with Necrotic enteritis and I was looking to treat them with soluble BMD. I have a couple of questions regarding this medication: First, what is the best way to mix this medication/gallon and what is the egg withdrawal time? The packet says that 1 packet will medicate approximately 50 gallons of water at a dosage of 1000 mg/gallon. My goal is to administer 200-400 mg/gallon. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks and happy holidays!!

2. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
  3. dlecolst

Jun 6, 2010
    Thanks Dawg! I figured if anyone would know, it would be you [​IMG]

4. saladin

saladin Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2009
    the South
    I'm not sure the dosage would be high enough but you can also find Bacitracin in most Medicated Gamebird Starter. If the dosage were high enough it would sure be easier to administer that way.

5. dlecolst

Jun 6, 2010
    Quote:Would that be the same as Chick starter feed?

6. saladin

saladin Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2009
    the South
    Gamebird Starter is a type of chick starter but is much higher in protein than regular chick starter. It is usually 27% protein. Most medicated forms include Bacitracin.

7. dlecolst

Jun 6, 2010
    Thanks for the info.

8. 100n

100n New Egg

Oct 11, 2012
    What's the different between Bacitracin and Bacitracin Methylene Disalicylate?

If I have pure Bacitracin, can I premix it myself the product into Bacitracin Methylene Disalicyate?

Thanks in advance
    100n

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by