back for good now

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by KristyHall, Nov 20, 2011.

1. KristyHall

KristyHall Overrun With Chickens

Jan 27, 2011
    North Alabama
    I am back. My biological father is home and has full mobility back. They were able to treat him quickly and the stroke was so minor that he wont have much in the way of lingering affects. I caught him baking when i drove up saterday to check in on him and mu uncle. My half sister is back to pampering everyone herself so the family seems to be doing good.

The root canal took much longer than we expected but the dentist was very good. I didn't feel a thing. The infection had spread more than they thought so i'm on these horse pills they call antibiotics. I feel a hundred times better.

I'm playing catch up on the message board. Thanks for the good wishes and I'm glad to be back feeding my chicken board addiction [​IMG].

When I got home my chickens swarmed me. I think my girls missed me.

Oh and to answer chickened's earlier question, yes I do hunt. And no i didn't get a deer . Things were so crazy I only got to hunt briefly and for a short time.

I saw plenty of deer just non that I could get a shot at. I'll get one, hopefully. we could use the extra meat this winter.

Some adventures while i was there. I learned a bit about stone work. I also tangled with what my fatehr calls a black thorn tree. It has long very thin needles all over its trunk and I made the mistake of bracing myself on it while I was kneeling by a creek.

Oh and a tuck door tried to eta my hand. A trip to the walk in clinic and an x ray later it was shown that I didn't break any thing. whew.

My dog had a blast and kept trying to herd my fathers chickens. Those chickens aren't use to dogs so they would scatter and not do what he wanted like my birds do. He got to frustrated he would stand there and just bark at them. We all got a good laugh out of that.

A hen I had given them has grown up into a stunning beauty and now adopts anything she can, be it chicks, stuffed toys or fluffy moss. it is sweet as can be.

2. PamB

PamB Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2010
    Dayville, CT
    Welcome back! [​IMG]

3. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Kristy is back. [​IMG]

Em, MFB, and Kristy - Sourland was suffering from anxiety over his friends. [​IMG]

4. ladyride

ladyride Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2011
    East Tn
    Very glad your family is doing better. [​IMG] I am sure you are glad the root canal is over. [​IMG] Really glad you are back online [​IMG] The one's who is really glad you are back is your chickens. [​IMG]

5. KristyHall

KristyHall Overrun With Chickens

Jan 27, 2011
    North Alabama
    Quote:aww I feel loved. Yeah without the three of us making you miserable what will you do with your spare time huh?

6. turney31

turney31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2008
    palestine texas
    [​IMG]

7. deerman

deerman Rest in Peace 1949-2012

Aug 24, 2008
    Southern Ohio
    Welcome back..........glad you are doing better.

8. NYboy

NYboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 12, 2009
    White plains
    You Where Missed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. Avalon1984

Avalon1984 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 22, 2010
    Muskegon
    So glad things are getting better [​IMG]

10. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Quote:aww I feel loved. Yeah without the three of us making you miserable what will you do with your spare time huh?

If the rest of the world "made me as miserable" as the three of you, I'd be [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG].

Sadly enough, that's not the case. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by