back from the doc. she rocks. the shot, not so much.

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by miss_jayne, Sep 22, 2009.

1. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    i'm outtie. going to the doc. getting tested for this thing called H-Pylori. whatev. it's a flu thing. whatev, again! i am over all the dumb stuff that keeps happening to me!

so, i'll be back in a bit. try to keep it to a low roar peeps. out!

Last edited: Sep 22, 2009
  2. Boyd

Boyd Recipient of The Biff Twang

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    my doc's at 1:45 so I'll be not too far behind ya MJ.

3. Ol'FashionHen

Ol'FashionHen Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 24, 2008
    The South
    [​IMG] Are you sick again? [​IMG]

4. sfw2

sfw2 Global Menace

H. pylori is also linked with gastric ulcers. They tested me for it a couple of years ago. Hope you're okay!

Edited because I'm an idiot

5. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    Prayers for your pesky persnickety problem!

6. Boyd

Boyd Recipient of The Biff Twang

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    naw, just not completely over it. Going to get Chest X rays to make sure I don't have pnemonia. I've been coughing up stuff after the fever's gone still.

7. StupidBird

StupidBird Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2009
    GA
    Best wishes you guys! Hope it is all easily treatable.

8. Ol'FashionHen

Ol'FashionHen Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 24, 2008
    The South
    Quote:Ewe... I hate coughing up stuff .. yuck! [​IMG]

Miss_Jayne wrote:
    i'm outtie. going to the doc. getting tested for this thing called H-Pylori. whatev. it's a flu thing. whatev, again! i am over all the dumb stuff that keeps happening to me!

so, i'll be back in a bit. try to keep it to a low roar peeps. out!

Rhandi what are we gonna do with ya girl. Are you not completly over your sicknesses either, or do ya have somethin' else goin' on ?
    Bless your heart [​IMG] ....[​IMG]

9. bawkbawkbawk

bawkbawkbawk Chillin' With My Peeps

The New Yorker magazine did a fascinating article on H Pylori years ago. There was a sort of breakthrough relating to it - previously people with gastric ulcers were told their problems were due to diet or "stress" and then some guy discovered that the H Pylori (is it a bacillus maybe?) was a factor. If I remember correctly, it is ubiquitous in the intestinal track but can back up into the stomach where it can cause problems.

If you're having gastric issues, this test could actually be quite helpful for you in finding a resolution.

Good luck!

10. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    back in the hizzzz....it is sooooo time to sit still. moving is not for the ill. no way! highly overrated.

we have to get tested for H.P. because my daughter tested full of it. a ton of people are carriers of it. hers just got out of control.

well, Rick and i both have a wicked flu (his way more wicked than mine) and so to make sure we don't have this as a major contributor, we have to test for it. she got a blood test. you don't even want to know what kind of test we get to do. [​IMG] it's to make sure we aren't carriers so we don't pass it back to her and then she is back at square one.

H.P. is what causes ulcers. not stress, not spicy foods etc. like everyone likes to believe. those things can aggravate one, but they don't cause them.

MY STOMACH HURTS!!!! waaaaah. i got a shot in the arm though to keep me from yaking and the doc said i can eat if i want as long as it isn't anything too crazy. so i am nibbling some pretzels and sipping more Vernors. thank You God, for Vernors!!!!

Boyd, are you back yet? what did your doc say??? apparently this gastroenteritis is REALLY going about! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by