Back from the Hospital...The RESULTS!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by English Chick, Dec 19, 2008.

1. English Chick

English Chick English Mum

Jun 27, 2008
    Cheshire UK
    Well my vision is still alittle blurry so any typing errors apoliges!

You could knock me over with a feather as I was shocked at what i was told....there I was drops in the bad eye to enlarge whats left of the flippin pupil.....hmmmmm said the Doc....I need to put drops in your right eye...oh no said I, I wanted to go shopping!!

Drops after drops ....hmmmmm there where lots of hmmms from the Doc.......ots of lights and blue lights and other lights.....I am just going to put a special contact lens in your good eye..OH NO you not! I am not happy with you doing that, I only have one good eye and if its scratched I'm done for.....(she had already nearly poked my eye out anyway...I was getting nervous)....Look (nice) Dr just tell me your findings....well I need to see you again in a month, you have Glaucoma in both eyes!...well stone the crows! I had not gien glaucoma a thought, with the cataract changing colour in my bad eye......and the pressure I could feel with the pain I thought hey ho the eye will probably be removed this time....nope not going to touch it, it is too far gone and if I can live with it, best option is to leave well alone. Its not a pleasant operation having the eye out she says......well heck no I imagine it isn't. I can live with the bad eye (I thought there might have been something nasty lurking behind the eye - so breathed a sigh of relief!) it's my good eye I am worried about! We will run more tests next month and we must put the special lens in the eye.....oh no...not a coward but the tought of her messing abut with my eye again does not bode well for one's nervous system.

Anyway there it is folks Glaucoma...I will not let it rule my life...caught early enough blindess can be prevented.... I will prevail!!

Thank you all so much for your kind words and prayers.......I adore you all for the gesture.

The One Eyed Chick! xxxx

2. HennysMom

HennysMom Keeper of the Tiara

OH SWEETIE! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

If I owned a concord I'd fly over there to give you those hugs in person!

Lots and lots of prayers for you...

3. newchickenfamily

newchickenfamily Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] [​IMG] Glad to know that your sense of humor is intact!

4. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I had a feeling that may be it. My mom had glaucoma and recovered quite well with no damage, so it's looking up for you!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    YES, glaucoma is scary, but SO glad it's being arrested in its tracks! Well done Linda. So glad to hear from you. Your friends here have been thinking of you this morning.

If you have to get a contact lens, PM me. I'm so horrifically near-sighted that I had to start wearing them when I was 10 years old (the nasty hard kind). I have lots of experience with them.

Glad you're back.

6. BeardedChick

BeardedChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Glad you have your diagnosis and that there is something you can do to prevent further damage.

[​IMG]

7. Rusty Hills Farm

Rusty Hills Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2008
    Up at the barn
    Are you a fan of the comic pages? The late cartoonist Dik Browne (creator of Hagar the Horrible) had glaucoma AND a detached retina and still drew his cartoon strip.

The treatments are wonderfully advanced now and I am absolutely certain that you are too spunky to be anything but GREAT! through all of this.

hugs and hugs and more hugs

[​IMG]

8. English Chick

Jun 27, 2008
    Cheshire UK
    Quote:Well stone the crows.....I also have multiple detachments in my bad eye.......but I am not a cartoonist.....but I did used to like Hagar the Horrible!

Thank you for your kind thoughts and hugs..appreciated xx

9. Three Cedars Silkies

Three Cedars Silkies Overrun With Chickens

Apr 17, 2008
    Gainesville, Fl.
    The very best to you, English! Prayers sent your way...Have a Merry Christmas!

10. English Chick

Jun 27, 2008
    Cheshire UK
    Quote:Thank you Gaitor - you have a Wonderful Christmas too ....xx

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by