Back in the day - before I got chickens

gritsar

Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!
14 Years
Nov 9, 2007
SW Arkansas
I remember several years ago, before I got chickens, I showed DH a pic of a polish chicken. I thought it was adorable, DH thought it was hideous. I've shown him pics of polish chickens since then and he still votes hideous.

Knowing how he feels about them, I was really nervous about telling him that I had bought my silkie Jethro *gasp* polish chicks. I expected him to have a flying duck fit.
hide.gif
So I took the easy way out and told him on the phone. No flying duck fit, just a "oh that's nice".

Again yesterday I told him several times that the chicks I had bought on Wednesday were POLISH. His only reply was "I'll bet Jethro is happy to finally be a mom, to more than one chick".
idunno.gif

Today he saw the 'hideous" polish chicks for the first time. His response? "Those have got to be the CUTEST chicks I have ever seen!" So I reminded him that they are POLISH. "Well they sure are cute, whatever breed that is!"

I don't think he's making the connection between the cute little chicks with the yellow bumps on their heads and the chickens that he thinks are so hideous.

Should I tell him?

Quote:
LOL Yes this! Tell him if he adores them so, he should get a couple! Make sure you have him take care of them, and bond and stuff, learn their personalities.... fall in love in other words. Then they grow and he will be hooked, yes?
lau.gif

Quote:
LOL Yes this! Tell him if he adores them so, he should get a couple! Make sure you have him take care of them, and bond and stuff, learn their personalities.... fall in love in other words. Then they grow and he will be hooked, yes?
lau.gif

X's 2

lau.gif

you know you could have just waited and be "surprised" THEY were polish yoursel - kinda like when you buy pullets and end up with roos....

next time ask me first - i am the BEST spin doctor

It would've been funny to see if he actually noticed. And the look on his face when the cute liddle chickies grew up into big, hideous Polishes...
lol.png
The changes would be pretty gradual though, so he'd probably have gotten used to it by then.
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom