backwards results?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by oinkpiggieoink, Dec 19, 2013.

1. oinkpiggieoink

oinkpiggieoink Out Of The Brooder

Dec 11, 2013
    Okay, I know I have posted a whole bunch of questions so far about my eggs, but I am so nervous, this being my first hatch and all...but I think I have a problem. Everything looks fine in one of my eggs, the air sac is on the fat side and has not moved but has gotten to the right size so there is nothing wrong with that....but it looks like the chick is on the fat side to instead of the pointy side...also I never see it move...is my chick okay. I am so worried about it! I honestly cannot get it off my mind I keep going to look at it and hope it will be okay...hatching these chickens is very important to me and my fiance because they came from his grandfathers home(who just passed away)and the house is being sold, and we both really want chickens from that particular home.

2. Peplers chicks

Peplers chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

How many eggs do you have to hatch, and then there is another way to see movement, it is a little bit dangerous but also vcan get huge results, is by putting warm water in a glass, more or less breeding temperature, make glass full close to rim, put egg inside and wait a few seconds, the chick will move inside egg that will cause the water to ripple

3. oinkpiggieoink

Dec 11, 2013
    I was only given about three egg's and it looks like only the one will hatch :( If so I will have to get it some company cause I have heard chickens are very social(I have contacted my feed store about it)Is it possible I just have a lazy baby?

4. Peplers chicks

Yes, how long are your eggs in the incubator now

5. oinkpiggieoink

Dec 11, 2013
    Well my nephew came over and long story short my chart was destroyed, So I wanna say day 12 or 14 in the incubator.

6. Peplers chicks

Dont worry, you still have a long way to go before hatching, and live normally be tested at days 16, I normally wait until day 18, good luck

7. oinkpiggieoink

Dec 11, 2013
    Thank you. This site has been so helpful to me with this first hatch. I will most definatly have to post pictures of the baby when it hatches(and the little friend I will have to get it) :D

8. Peplers chicks

You are welcome, waiting anxiously

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by