Backyard Breeder of Bantam Lakenvelders, Rosecombs, Sumatras, OE's ...

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by Msbear, Dec 23, 2008.

1. Msbear

Msbear Fancy Banties

May 8, 2008
    Sharpsburg, MD.
    http://samhillor.spaces.live.com/default.aspx?sa=628283076

I
    was thinking of getting some eggs from her rosecomb splash pens but am now heading up to PA to get some from the original breeder I received mine from. I can't take the chance of freezing eggs right now but will definitely keep this in my back pocket.

Anyways, thought you might like to see some of her birds.

I think her sumatras are top notch! and the bantam lakenvelders are really pretty....

What do you think?

Last edited: Dec 23, 2008
  2. Kanchii

Kanchii Chillin' With My Peeps

Absolutely beautiful birds!

3. NYREDS

NYREDS Overrun With Chickens

Jan 14, 2008
    Getting some from the origional breeder makes the most sense. The absolute best way to screw up birds is to mate birds from 2 different strains.

4. chickenma

chickenma Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 8, 2008
    North Carolina
    great looking birds [​IMG]

5. kryptoniteqhs

kryptoniteqhs Rosecomb Rich

Nov 14, 2008
    Perris, CA
    are those the eggs in your bator?? also how many rosecombs are in the bator....be sure to post pics!!! jaspers in my lap on my bed with me now....we found out we have a predator problem and since he is a bit of an escape artist, he came home tonight until i predator proof tomorrow and set a trap! yay! dont you just love bobcats!!

6. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Those Lakenvelders are very special.... wow.

7. Msbear

Msbear Fancy Banties

May 8, 2008
    Sharpsburg, MD.
    I thought so too. She said she had a bad predator problem that wiped out almost ALL of her lakenvelders so she won't be selling any for a year or so [​IMG]

Hey Kaylee, I only have 1[​IMG] rosecomb egg. They don't lay very often especially in the winter and this egg is a bit oblong so Im hoping it will hatch. I have it in with some cochin eggs just to keep it company IF it hatches. I think it may have been slightly frozen as well [​IMG] so this is this egg is against all odds.... but my sweet sgt. pepper is the daddy so Im really hoping.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by