Backyard Bulllies!!

Scorpiochick

In the Brooder
5 Years
Apr 10, 2014
Haskell Texas
My Coop
My Coop
Ok BYC longtimers I need your advice. We have been letting out our little over 6 week chicks in the backyard to have playtime a couple hours in the evening. Our 5 adults are just pretty much ignoring them. Well these lil teenagers are acting crazy. We got our 10pack ALL the same day. they were all supposed to be 1-3 days old. Cool, they spent several weeks in the house and are buddies. Well now things are all getting shifty. I got chicks chest bumping and hopping around like a challenge I guess. Is this a male thing? We are only supposed to have 2 roosters, but like everyone is kinda doing it to everyone. Are they arranging the ranks? Anything I can do? Still pretty new to this. Thanks so much
hu.gif

Ok BYC longtimers I need your advice. We have been letting out our little over 6 week chicks in the backyard to have playtime a couple hours in the evening. Our 5 adults are just pretty much ignoring them. Well these lil teenagers are acting crazy. We got our 10pack ALL the same day. they were all supposed to be 1-3 days old. Cool, they spent several weeks in the house and are buddies. Well now things are all getting shifty. I got chicks chest bumping and hopping around like a challenge I guess. Is this a male thing? We are only supposed to have 2 roosters, but like everyone is kinda doing it to everyone. Are they arranging the ranks? Anything I can do? Still pretty new to this. Thanks so much
hu.gif
At that age they are most likely "setting the pecking order", but you may very well have one or more roos also. Without pics it's really hard to tell.

Ok BYC longtimers I need your advice. We have been letting out our little over 6 week chicks in the backyard to have playtime a couple hours in the evening. Our 5 adults are just pretty much ignoring them. Well these lil teenagers are acting crazy. We got our 10pack ALL the same day. they were all supposed to be 1-3 days old. Cool, they spent several weeks in the house and are buddies. Well now things are all getting shifty. I got chicks chest bumping and hopping around like a challenge I guess. Is this a male thing? We are only supposed to have 2 roosters, but like everyone is kinda doing it to everyone. Are they arranging the ranks? Anything I can do? Still pretty new to this. Thanks so much :confused:
they all do that around the age they All get feathered in. Males females, best friends. .. is a crazy whose on top free for alk

Back
Top Bottom