Cristalzita

In the Brooder
May 16, 2019
I have a 5 chicken flock. One Buff Orpington, Austalorp, Barred Rock, Red Star, and Easter Egger. Names Buffy, Scarlet, Dak, Crispy, and Cheeks respectively. For me, my 5 chickens are my pets and egg layers for my family. I built their coop with my father with an attached run and all but they ended up free ranging anyway, they perfer to roost outside on warm nights too! We live in a completely inclosed neighborhood with high tree cover and in the 2 years I've had them, we've never had a predator, I'll keep my fingers crossed! I love letting them roam around freely and they show me so much love back. I'm setting on a new adventure with Scarlet who has gone broody both her summers and this summer I have ordered her fertilized eggs. These chickens will be my first step to responsible sourced meat for my family. In the future I only hope to expand on that and make more ethical and accountable choices as a consumer.

Last edited:
Hello and welcome to BYC. I hope that you enjoy your time here.

This is a useful link of “How to” BYC guides to take a look at announcements-feedback-issues-guides.3. I’d suggest including your location using the guide in the link. You can use this link to contact members in your area - Find your State's thread.

Best wishes

Pork Pie

Back
Top Bottom