1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Backyard Poultry Magazine

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by setter4, Dec 1, 2008.

1. setter4

setter4 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2008
    Central Pennsylvania
    Has anyone seen the Backyard Poultry Magazine? I got a card for a free issue in my Mother Earth News when it came today. I sent in the card. I can't wait to actually see the magazine!

2. FrChuckW

FrChuckW Father to all, Dad to none

Sep 7, 2008
    Louisville, KY
    Yes I have a subscription to it. You will find it very interesting and informative.

3. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    i have..its pretty good..i need to subscribe to it too. They have alot of good helpful info in them from what i have seen. Enjoy!

4. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

I have a subscription and I love the magazine.

5. newchickenfamily

newchickenfamily Chillin' With My Peeps

Yep, I have a subscription to it. I LOVE finding it in my mailbox! It's got lots of good info.

6. smith2

smith2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 5, 2008
    Paris, TN
    I have it. I love it. Wish they could do an issue every month. I got one today. [​IMG] It is practical, good, down to earth information and well written in plain English. I can hardly wait until it comes!![​IMG]

7. mrsengeseth

mrsengeseth Chillin' With My Peeps

I ordered a subscription to them, but it hasn't kicked in yet I guess. But, mother earth news this month has chickens featured so that will satisfy the addiction till the Backyard poultry mag gets here.

8. Reinbeau

Reinbeau The Teapot Underground Premium Member

I'm a charter subscriber, I started with it before I had chickens (although I knew I wanted them!) It's a nice magazine, informative especially for the beginner. Some think it's not very interesting for old hats, but I'm not that by a long shot! [​IMG]

9. setter4

May 8, 2008
    Central Pennsylvania
    Quote:Yes, I was happy to see the chickens in M.E.N. this month. I read part of it and it seemed like a great article!

10. setter4

May 8, 2008
    Central Pennsylvania
    Quote:When did it first begin publication?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by