1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

BackYardChickens.com is mentioned in a book

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by Varisha, Apr 3, 2007.

1. Varisha

Varisha Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2007
    I got a new book last week on Chicken Coops (by Judy Pangman) and on page 19 and again in the back index it has the website (page 162) and it is the first listing under "Chicken-Related Web Resources" because they are listed alphabiticaly [​IMG]

2. Duck-Madx

Duck-Madx Out Of The Brooder

[​IMG] Well If an expert says so in a book, then this really is the place to go for advice on chickens eh?

Three Cheers For BackYardChickens.com

3. Varisha

Varisha Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2007
    You should have seen my reaction when I was reading it....

*blink* *blink* *blink* ... is that MY(posesive ain't I *grin*) chicken site??????!!!!! ..... quickly checks the index.... IT IS.... OMG!!!!!! [​IMG]

Ok I'm a silly goober [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 3, 2007
  4. mudhen

mudhen confidently clueless

Jan 15, 2007
    Shepherdstown, WV
    BackYardChickens ROCKS! !!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. Lunachick

Lunachick Chicken Slave

Mar 19, 2007
    Brick, NJ
    I can't wait for the bumber stickers, I'm sure the word would really get around about BYC!

6. mudlake

mudlake Out Of The Brooder

Jan 13, 2007
    BUMPER STICKERS

7. Henriettahen

Henriettahen Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Canada
    ahahhaha thats awsomeee

8. V Chic Chick

V Chic Chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Bristol, England
    We also got a mention in "Still Life With Chickens" by Catherine Goldhammer - it's in the acknowledgements section, and Wes got a personal mention. Catherine is on here sometimes as Heron.

9. janramsey

janramsey Out Of The Brooder

Apr 21, 2007
    Vilonia, Arkansas
    I found this forum from an article in "Out Here" a simple free handout I got at Tractor Supply Company. I just joined today.....so far I am addicted!![​IMG]

10. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

I'm so glad I read this topic! Thanks so much for posting and thanks to everyone for making the forum such an excellent place to be.

Two quick items:

1) I'm going to be pushing more and more for the members to help me add content to the site.

2) I'm moving this topic to the website feedback section where I think it is better suited.

Thanks again to all!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by