Bacon Salt -- I suggest you try this!

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by The Chicken Lady, Jul 31, 2008.

1. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    We drove across town today to find a store that carried this stuff after my husband discovered its existence via the almighty Internets yesterday:

http://www.baconsalt.com/

I think it would taste great on eggs or chicken (or potatoes, or fish, or steak, or hamburgers, or sandwiches... [​IMG] ). Who else has some of this (or wants to try it)?

2. Athena

Athena Chillin' With My Peeps

Wow...

Bacon & Kosher salt.... great combo...

I will look for some...

Thanks for the tip..
    Athena

3. SandraMort

SandraMort Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 7, 2008
    ny
    It's not just kosher salt... the whole thing is kosher. There's no real bacon in it. Totally vegetarian!

I've wanted to try it, but never saw it for sale and don't want it enough to pay shipping.

4. spook

spook Chillin' With My Peeps

And the point? Why are people vegan if they want to eat meat flavoring, eat meat. If you are vegetarian, then examine why your in this lifestyle and then question if you really want to eat flavoring of meat...[​IMG]

5. Psittizen Shikkin

Psittizen Shikkin Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2008
    Oroville, California
    Quote:Nobody said they were vegetarian.

6. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    I think the point is that you can make everything taste like bacon but with less fat. That makes me happy. [​IMG]

7. henrysue

henrysue Out Of The Brooder

Jul 4, 2008
    Central Washington
    I get you, Spook. For health reasons, maybe? I'd say bacon flavored salt is better than nothing.

8. tvtaber

tvtaber Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2007
    Central CA
    I think the smoke flavor bacon adds is really nice, and not so much meat flavor but rather umame ("deliciousness", the new flavor: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Umame )

Many folks are vegetarian or vegan becuase of health issues, other environmental issues and lots for animal welfare concerns. I never met anyone who was really a veg simply because they did not like meat.

We like Bacon Salt becuase EVERYTHING can now taste like bacon!

9. A Carolina Chick

A Carolina Chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2008
    NC
    I bought it and I love it. My daughter who eats fish and eggs, but is otherwise a vegetarian, is able to have bacon flavored eggs! [​IMG]

10. Status Crow

Status Crow New Egg

Jun 25, 2008
    My husband LOVES bacon salt. He even puts it on his popcorn. And yes, he loves it on his eggs, too!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by