Bad Accident

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by jamieg, Mar 23, 2011.

1. jamieg

jamieg Out Of The Brooder

Apr 20, 2010
    Chili, Wisconsin
    Today, I lost one of my 3 young pullets. I have 8 Rhode Islands and New Hampshires and have been getting them used to 3 pullets the last couple of days. Things had been going well until today. Had a terrible winter storm last night and today so there was no school. While at work, my youngest daughter (9 yrs old) was outside and she lifted up the access door to the nest boxes. The three new ones were in the nest boxes and she accidentaly slammed the door down and killed one of the gals. She was pretty upset by it all (so am I) but is doing better tonight. Really a bummer of a week so far. Nursing a sick farm cat back to health, getting my car stuck in the snow, and now a dead chicken and upset kid. Tomorrow has got to be better.

2. PartridgeRckgal

PartridgeRckgal Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2011
    So sorry you are having such a bad day... and very sorry for you loss [​IMG] Hope you have a much better day tomorrow!!

3. CCourson05

CCourson05 Popping like kettle corn...

Jan 5, 2011
    Hickory Flat, MS
    Sorry to hear about that... I almost had this happen once. The hens weren't scared of the door enough and one got caught. The guest didn't slam it though, so the hen made it.
    [​IMG] Hope it gets better.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by