BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD Day !!!!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by chickenzoo, Apr 30, 2009.

1. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

Well it started off good this morning................. until I went to check on my Pheasants. I found my old beautiful Lady A cock dead on the floor of his pen. I new he was older when I got him but he had been slowing down these last few weeks. [​IMG] I buried him and then Hubby and I went to town to get new cel services. Guy there didn't have a clue, everything that was "free" meant you had to pay for extra services etc. [​IMG] So we leave and go home so I can call the company directly- same thing, change people a bunch of times, no one can help me, no one knows the answer, bla bla bla. [​IMG] So I decided to go outside and work on some of my pens. Mini horses have torn up feed bags that hubby left in the burn pile, to which the minis conspired with the emus to pull out, so they could have fun ripping them into a million pieces all over the yard. [​IMG]
    So I go to the barn and open the door to check on my different age chicks and to grab a garbage bag, and what do I see.................
    A rat snake in my pen of young silkies, eating one, killed another and all the rest in a corner scared to death! I scare the snake who is having trouble getting out of the pen with my poor little black Bobbie Porto silkie in it's evil stomach. It gets out and hides as I run hysterically to the house to get hubby to kill the evil thing. This snake had been in our yard last year and we took it to the woods to be released, and this is what is does............... I'm sorry but you mess with one of my chickens, especially one of my dear silkies and no matter how much I admire your part in nature....................... your bass is grass!!!! [​IMG]
    So I've spent the rest of the day crying and trying to make my barn snake proof... [​IMG]

Some one tell me tomorrow will be a better day......................

Last edited: Apr 30, 2009
  2. wanda047

wanda047 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2009
    Hardy, Arkansas
    soooooo sorry for your bad day. [​IMG]

3. klf73

klf73 Mad Scientist

Jun 1, 2008
    Maine
    sorry it's been such a bad day [​IMG] hopefully tomorrow brings brighter skies....

4. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    Tomorrow HAS to be a better day- how could it get any worse? [​IMG]

5. montcapu

montcapu Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2008
    laingsburg, MI
    i'm so sorry, and hoping tommorrow will be a better day

6. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    So sorry for your silkies. [​IMG]

7. ZepChick

ZepChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2008
    coos bay OR
    i am sorry for your loss, that is very sad. heres to a better day tomorrow.

8. Missouri chick

Missouri chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2008
    Homer, GA
    Bless you little heart... [​IMG] to you.

9. shelleyb1969

shelleyb1969 Star Bright Farm

I, too, am sad to hear of your bad day. [​IMG]

But tomorrow WILL BE BETTER! [​IMG] Keep your chin up...you're too good to be held down! [​IMG]

10. heyeddah

heyeddah Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 15, 2008
    Milford Ct
    Now that's a bad day. Mine involved my kids, so I kind of wish I had your problems today. It teaches us that life has good days, bad days, but also really great ones too, so I am wishing for a really great one tomorrow for you and me.
    Sorry about your silkie. Glad you had someone there to help you.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by