Bad Bad Birdie. Buffalo!!!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by SilverLacedMom, Apr 11, 2017.

1. SilverLacedMom

SilverLacedMom Out Of The Brooder

Dec 19, 2010
    We have a large fowl Buff-Blue Orpington, aptly named Buffalo. (The breeder calls Buff-Blue Buff-a-Lue so I thought it was super cute to call him Buffalo)

Anyways, this bird is the most insane mean bird I have ever had in my LIFE.

He goes full on "Velociraptor" mode, where he crouches down, fans out his neck feathers, and CHARGES!!!!!!! Flogging like a mad bird.

To top things off he is super mean to the hens. He mates 1 girl too much, and doesnt touch the others but rarely. She is saddle burned so bad from him. THEN Today I witnessed him attack her...Raven ran screaming "Chachuuuuuuuuuu chacha cha chuuuuuuuuu" It was horrible, I ran in between, and had to save her.

He then started shaking his head back and forth violently.

This behavior has escalated over the past 2 weeks, and this was the first time I witnessed him attacking a girl, in the coop there are white feathers from Scout, our lavender girl, that I thought was strange. My hubby told me he witnessed him mating her, and that it was violent and she lost a lot of feathers.

Sorry to say, that this birds days are numbered. I am not sure what else to do.

2. Weehopper

Weehopper Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2015
    Stew pot for that one:/

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by