Bad cat attack.

Mbataligin

Hatching
Feb 9, 2021
Warning graphic photos.
My poor baby Rasin has been badly attacked and I am at a loss on what to do.
I have cleaned the wound the best I can but it honestly seems to bad of a wound to me. I am thinking the worst and don't want her to suffer.
Any help would be appreciated.
I understand her best chance is a vet but I honestly can't afford it at this current date it makes me so sad and hopeless.
I have put antibacterial spray on it for now which is the purple you see.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210209-211852_Snapchat.jpg
    Screenshot_20210209-211852_Snapchat.jpg
    197.1 KB · Views: 30
Can you post some clearer pictures? What types of wounds does she have, puncture, gash, etc? What actions have you taken so far?

The most important thing will be cleaning the wounds, which you have done. She may need an oral antibiotic for deep tissue wounds. She'll certainly need a topical treatment like non pain medicated neosporin.

I can try my best to get better photos tommorrow. It only looks like a surface wound from what I can tell on top and all underneath her tail.
I have washed and cleaned all the maggots with saline and detol then just sprayed the purple antibacterial spray on the wounds. She is in her own pen closer to the house away from stress and warm. I've also clipped some feathers but think I need to clip alot more and may bath her tommorrow in a saline bath.

I can try my best to get better photos tommorrow. It only looks like a surface wound from what I can tell on top and all underneath her tail.
I have washed and cleaned all the maggots with saline and detol then just sprayed the purple antibacterial spray on the wounds. She is in her own pen closer to the house away from stress and warm. I've also clipped some feathers but think I need to clip alot more and may bath her tommorrow in a saline bath.
Maggots? When did this happen?

Yesterday afternoon. The maggots where pretty server the purple spray had seemed to kill most all on the top but I missed alot on the bottom in which someone helped me clean today. We will check before her bath tommorrow if it has cleared the rest we cleaned as many as we possibly could today

Yesterday afternoon. The maggots where pretty server the purple spray had seemed to kill most all on the top but I missed alot on the bottom in which someone helped me clean today. We will check before her bath tommorrow if it has cleared the rest we cleaned as many as we possibly could today
I'm surprised to hear about maggots that quickly. Flies need to lay their eggs and the eggs need to hatch. Are you sure this wasn't and older attack that wasn't seen right away?

They hadn't been checked since the night before as we where away the night before and got back around 4pm the next day so it happened between 730pm Sunday night to 4Pm Monday afternoon.

I think it would be preferred if you trim more of the feathers around the wound, so it can be better monitored, and treated. You can soak your scissors in mineral oil when trimming to prevent the feather follicles from contaminating the wound or apply a water-soluble gel over the wound, and wash off afterward. Once you have achieved a large circumferential featherless zone around the wound, you can lavage the wound using saline or an antiseptic such as dilute chlorhexidine; if desired an 18 gauge needle can be equipped to the syringe to achieve higher PSI and more wound debridement.

https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/durvet-chlorhexidine-solution-2-59297

Depending on how large the injuries are, bandaging may be indicated to prevent further contamination of the wound and to achieve a more suitable environment for epithelial migration over the surface. If that route is taken, set a non-adherent dressing moist with dilute chlorhexidine over the wound, once placed, wrap gauze, or cast padding over top to hold in place and finish with vet wrap - the bandage should be changed every day.

If the injuries are deep, but not wide, you may get away with leaving the wound open, in that case, I would use an antibacterial ointment such as Preparation H, or Neosporin, and apply as needed to keep the wound surface moist. Honey, sugar paste, and SSD cream are also good topical treatments for wounds.

Cat's oral flora are hosts to several highly pathogenic, additionally, if the wound wasn't cared for immediately, I would consider the area infected. Antibiotics would be indicated for such as case:

https://allbirdproducts.com/products/baytril-10

Thankyou so much it does look dryer today and no maggots. Rasin is in duckie hospital in the shed but her boyfriend weenie won't stop calling for her will it be better to put them together?

Thankyou so much it does look dryer today and no maggots. Rasin is in duckie hospital in the shed but her boyfriend weenie won't stop calling for her will it be better to put them together?
No sign of maggots is good, but "dry" is not necessarily what you want for a wound. To promote proper healing, wounds should be kept moist, and if a large portion of the tissue is exposed, bandaging is indicated for such cases.

If they're stressed due to separation, it may be best to keep them together, but if the drake starts picking at her wound, you should separate so they can see, but can't touch.

Back
Top Bottom