Bad chicken Mommy :(

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by hispoptart, Oct 22, 2011.

1. hispoptart

hispoptart Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2011
    NW Colorado
    So I got home from work today and let my girls out of the run for some free time, I usually sit outside with them, but today I was busy with getting ready for my daughters baby shower and my husbands birthday. Well they always put themselves to bed at night so I went out to close the coop up and the door had blown shut. It was dark out and I panicked at first until I passed the top of the coop with the flashlight. There they were huddled together like "Hey what the heck!" [​IMG] I picked them up one by one and put them in the coop, my poor babies looked so confused [​IMG] I feel so bad [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. BrattishTaz

BrattishTaz Roo Magnet

Jan 8, 2011
    Tampa Area, Florida
    Situations like this have happened to most of us. All of your birds are ok so don't beat yourself up about it. I promise, they are not out there plotting revenge. [​IMG]

3. Baymule

Baymule Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2010
    Northeast Texas
    We use the same terminology here as in.... Bad Doggie Daddy, Baaaad Mule Mommy, yup, you aren't alone!

4. justbugged

justbugged Head of the Night Crew for WA State

Jan 27, 2009
    Enumclaw
    Chickens don't hold grudges if you give them something to eat. Mine will sell their souls for scratch. I will admit to being a bad chicken mommy too. It can be worse if I forget the birds are out, and I let the dogs out also.

Of course you can always joins us on the Forgetfulness thread. I am one of the charter members.

5. hispoptart

Apr 14, 2011
    NW Colorado
    Thanks everyone, that does make me feel better.....but now I was trying to make Hubby a t-shirt for his b-day and I messed that all up...Crap!!! If not one thing it's another [​IMG]

6. GardenGal

GardenGal Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2011
    Western WA
    I'm so relieved to find out forgetfulness is so common there's a thread for it! We've had chickens since May and I've learned two things, they don't say thank you but they also don't say I hate you!

7. hispoptart

Apr 14, 2011
    NW Colorado
    Quote:LOL I'm not sure about that, they weren't looking very happy with me.

8. mrsbos

mrsbos Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 11, 2010
    Greenacres, WA
    Quote:LOL I'm not sure about that, they weren't looking very happy with me.

Yep, I'm sure if it was light outside, you would have been subjected to the dreaded "STINK EYE"!

9. jmanderson777

jmanderson777 Out Of The Brooder

Oct 4, 2011
    done that before. mine huddle on top of the nesting boxes. i normally put mine up at dusk but last night we didnt get back from dinner until 10pm. when i closed the doors i heard something scurry around. i had a OPOSSUM in my house. good thing i had already gathered the eggs.

10. hispoptart

Apr 14, 2011
    NW Colorado
    Yea I'm glad there was nothing in the coop wanting to keep them company.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by