Bad chickens! =(

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by rebecca10782, Dec 7, 2008.

1. rebecca10782

rebecca10782 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2008
    The other night I was sitting in the coupe peacefully eating my pie and Sicilia walks up to me and stretches her neck up to check out what I was eating. She looks at the pie, then looks at me and cocks her head and "bawk bawk???", them she takes a bite! [​IMG] Then all the girls walk over and start eating it, so I just let them have it. I sometime wish that chickens could be trained to be polite, but they wouldn't be so much fun if they were [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 7, 2008
  2. Marlinchaser

Marlinchaser Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2007
    MERRY LAND
    I know what your saying, mine will stand around the grill waiting for something good, I can no longer take buns out to put dogs or burgers on because someone always steals one. [​IMG]

3. rebecca10782

Apr 24, 2008
    [​IMG] That's hilarious. Chickens are just too cute.

4. Chicken Woman

Chicken Woman Incredible Egg

Oct 16, 2008
    Montana
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Got to love them:love

5. sarahloveschickens

sarahloveschickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 26, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2008
  6. gretchenhau

gretchenhau Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2008
    Lebanon Ohio
    My problem with my 2 girls is that they think they live in the house. I open the door they are in, right to the dog food, down to the basment, and running around like they own the place, which they do. Lovey is the worst and Carmel, well she takes off in the house.

I drive up they go to the door.

Cute little stinkers

7. Your kidding right ? You actually sat in the chicken house and had a treat in your hands ? Silly girl, treats are for chickens !!

8. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

This is a true story..and had me rolling on the ground laughing.

Summer 2007 we had contractors come in...and put in a brick chimney for our wood stove. Of course, the " hired hands" were young boys, probably in thier late teens. My chickens at that time ran the property...5 acres. The boys were very interested in the chickens...asking lots of questions .. are they going to attack?? Will the roosters get me!?? I had to giggle, and tell them to just walk past them, they wont bother. So, lunch time rolls around, and the boys are spread out on the front porch...getting thier lunchs out. Well...we all know, the rattling of plastic gets the chickens interest...and they all come running. It wasnt long before I hear one of the boys say.. " Look, it wants your lunch" So I went outside and chased the freeloaders off. The boys were eating, when one little hen, Pancake, makes her way back to the boys. He asked me if they could have grapes....Pancake was already ready to pounce. I said, break it in half, and toss it in the yard...they love em. Well, one little half a grape sent the chickens into a frenzy, which made these boys laugh. So, the kid with the grapes...started breaking them in half, and tossing them..to make the chickens run every which way. Then, he got a grand idea....toss the grapes at his buddies!! It wasnt long before this poor kid sitting on the porch ledge, was on his back, chickens all over him!! He was yelling at his friend to stop, which made his friend throw more! I was laughing so hard, I could hardly get the chickens off that poor boy. Thankfully, his "friend" ran out of grapes!! I had to go get some bread, and lure the chickens back to thier yard....for the boys safety! LOL

9. Skip

Skip Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. rebecca10782

Apr 24, 2008
    That is hilarious [​IMG] Chickens are dangerous, when they jump off their high roost to greet me, they sometimes accidentally fly into my head, it hurts!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by