Bad circumstances, need to downsize flocks LOTS of birds to sell

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by chicken_china_mom, Sep 6, 2010.

1. chicken_china_mom

chicken_china_mom Crazy for Cochins

Apr 24, 2009
    Tab, Indiana
    I'm having a very bad spot in my life right now. Things are getting harder and harder, and now winter is coming, and I have found myself disabled, without a car, and struggling just to feed my family, so it's time to find a home for part of my flocks. I love these birds deeply, they are the nicest birds ever, but they are getting to be too much to feed. I need the money to put food on our plates, so if anyone is interested in a ready made flock, here is your chance, plus you'll be helping out our family as well. Ok, here it is:

I have a gorgeous Silver Cuckoo Marans rooster named Mystery. He is so gentle and good natured, I just love him to pieces. The older he gets, the more gold I am seeing on him, so I suspect that he carries the gold gene as well as the silver. He is one of the most gorgeous roosters I've ever laid eyes on before. Here is my older DD holding him:
    [​IMG]

The hens are 1 Black Australorp named Jersey, 2 Sexlinks- Omelet and Poachy, 2 Welsummer/Ameracauna mixed hens- Twinkle and Sprinkle, and 4 Silver Laced Wyandotte hens named Sir (thought she was a roo as a baby, and the name stuck), Evie, Zorra, and Button. They've been together since they were chicks and I'd like them to stay together if at all possible. The girls lay good, and they lay nice big eggs. They're actually the only ones laying right now, my bantams have come to a stop. They are a year and a half old. I'd like to get $75 for this group.

I have some more birds to sell too if interested. I have a Barred Rock pullet for $15 at POL, a flock of EE's with the blue gene, all hatched March 26th this year, so pullets should be laying soon, and some pure Black Copper Marans and Blue Copper Marans, pullets and cockerels. I don't want to sell all my birds, but I do need to sell off a lot so that I can continue to feed the remaining ones through the winter. If interested, PM me. I'd like to get $100 for the EE flock. It's 2 roos and 6 pullets. I need the money to put some oil in the tank for heat this winter and to make some repairs around the house to winterize it. Please, if interested, contact me. I need to sell these birds soon.

I also have some cockerels that have to go, free, just take them. I can't process them, don't have the stomach for it, but if someone could do that for me? Or just take them and give them a good home, or eat them, I don't really care, I just can't afford to keep feeding them. Here are some pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

EE cockerel George
    [​IMG]

EE pullets walking with one of my Bantam Cochins
    [​IMG]

Two EE pullets
    [​IMG]

Hope, the Barred Rock pullet
    [​IMG]

I also have some Bantams to sell. I have some Bantam mixed chicks (Cochin/Buff Orpington and Cochin/Silkie), and some pure Blue Cochin pullets and cockerels, some Blue Mottled Cochins, and some White Cochin cockerels. Probably more that I can't think of right now. Can't ship, must pick up. Please if you can give them a good home, and can help out our family, it would be very much appreciated. Thank you!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by