Bad Day Today.

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by GUIENALADY, Jul 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GUIENALADY

GUIENALADY Rest in Peace 1956-2010

May 1, 2007
    Belvidere nc
    First we geat up a little late....then before we can eat breadfast.....notice five month old Trixie is throwing up.....and definaltly not her usual in your face happy troublemaker....so off to the vet 20l miles away.

Barely get to hertford a little town 10 miles from home to get gas and heater hose busts! Luckily we are at a repair shop...a really reallly busy repair shop.....so we wait from 8:30am till 11:00am just to get started on the hose. FINALLY get to the vet at noon...no appt so are to fit us in., unfortunately a emergancey operation had to be done on a nother dog...so left Trixie thereand came home.

stopped to eat lunch, we had no breakfast,got home and getting ready to bleach hell out of the place ...vet had already called and comfirmed parvo. [​IMG] ...so got her started on support treatment. then got to thinking...5 puppies ready to sell and they HAVE NOT HAD SHOTS!... so since none showed signs of parvo took them to vet...second trip...

Trixies bill from noon to 3 already 300.00! plus 83.00 for pupps shots.. [​IMG] money we don't really have...due to my stupidity on credit cards (which due to loss of extrra income over last few yeaars can no longer be payed).... so money to pay the lawyer (we are filing bankrupcy) is going to pay the vet..

we now live on his ss and pension...if you can call it that....barely takes care of the monthly expenses...the puppies have always paid for theire own keep and a few extras till this year...due to high cost of living not many can afford to buy pups.

so that is how my day went...hope yours was better....thank you for listening.

2. robinaggie

robinaggie Flew the Coop

May 25, 2008
    Texas
    I really hope that things get better soon.

3. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Oh jeesh! Im so sorry you had a terrible day. I do know the issues with money..as I am sure most of us do. Just takes ONE thing, to throw it all out of whack. I hope your poor dog is better soon, and the pups are OK.

4. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    I dont want to bum you out. But why would you breed a dog that is not current on her shots and put puppies out there when you know there is not enough money to get them their shots either. There are enough puppies in the pound no need to breed anymore. Sorry if i sound harsh coming down on you but what you did is irresponsible.

5. bigzio

bigzio Overrun With Chickens

Jan 20, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Hope things work out well for you.
    Life throws us alot of curves at times, just keep the faith and things will seem better soon.

Daily struggles give us more strength and make us stronger, eh?

bigzio

6. ginasmarans

ginasmarans Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2007
    West Tn
    Sorry you had such a bad day. I'm sure most people have made mistakes when it comes to their finances(I knw I have). It has taken several years of self-discipline(NO CREDIT CARDS) and of doing without the newer nicer things(all of our furniture is hand-me-downs), but I wouldn't go back for anything. Hang in there, it takes alot longer to get out of a mess then it takes to get into it.

7. n2thestorm5032

n2thestorm5032 Chillin' With My Peeps

its Karma you need to have a bad day to have a good day, it ying and yang the balance of good and bad... you have better days coming ahead!

8. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    Oh my. Sorry for your bad day. [​IMG]

9. cockadoodlemom

cockadoodlemom Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2007
    Texas
    [​IMG] So sorry for your bad day and I just prayed for you and I know how you feel about the $ problem cause we are there too

10. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    Awww years ago I got a dog from the pound who had parvo and I didn't know it. Took it home and it gave it to my little dog who died. The one from the pound lived [​IMG] So sad to see them go through that. They both went through SO much treatment and one ended up dying anyway...I think because it was so small. Good luck and hope your dog makes it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by